Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Tassie Bluefin

Ausfish Addict

Re: Tassie Bluefin

no worries oz.. all going well i will be fishing off mooloolabah this weekend will keep you and brian posted. cheers.

gday jaybee..mate thanks for your comments...mate do you come from the land of those giant travally. ??? i see them in fishing magazines great fish... mate im going to try and post some photos i sent to ozdevil it took me ages to work out how to do it last time...there nothing special just a bit of tassie water , boat , crays , ect.. i will give it a try now....brian66

Oops, try again...

and again...

#*#$%^! hell.

and wait, there's more..

the rock.

the end....

Hi Brain
    do you take the tinnie to the rock, I thought it was about 30km out.
    blaze

Ausfish Addict

Hi Brian I live just south of brisbane (Logan City) not yet caught a GT plenty of baby ones over the years top shots the pics had me drooling all over the keyboard. Well done. The past few years I have mainly been targeting whiting and bream from the shore, sold my last boat 10 yrs ago, got sick of walking around with my hand in my pocket and now I am starting all over again. Its a damn disease thats what it is. Have a good weekend guys.
    cheers.

Gday Brian

Mate those bloody crays mate ya making my lips water mate I could go go a cray right now....

I have those rigs made up for ya its just a matter of time before i send them which will be next week or early the week after.......

Anyway chat with ya soon mate

cheers
    mick

gday blaze... mate i think it is about 5 km from fortescue bay straight across. (dont quote me on that).mate i do take mine out only when there is very very good forcast.. it is about a 15 min run from the saftey of fortescue , which is a deep sheltered bay opposite the rock..there is a ramp at fortescue that we leave from when going to the rock.. the bigest tuna in the photos was actually caught right where that photo was taken... like i said blaze im no hero and would not recomend going out that far unless the weather conditions were perfect...thanks for your repy blaze hope we can talk again....... brian66

Gday Brian

I have to agree with ya mate its only a short run about 5k out to the Hypolites from Fortesque Bay........

Blaze it is about 20k from Pirates bay.......

Brian Just out of interest as everyone always seems to head south when leaving pirates Bay i Think there could be some good fishing headig up towards maria island what do you think?????

Brian how do ya go with the tiller steer when trolling for blues wouldnt it make it hard to control the boat and try to get the fish to boat as well???

Brian have seen boats your size around Tasman I think they are real fools heading down to tasman in a small tinnie i wouldnt even think of heading down that way in anything less then a 17 footer just for safety wise as its a long haul back from tasman to fortesque bay... I think really anyone with sense in open tinny's like yours brian should really only hang around The hypolites....as if it does get up its only a short run back.....Brian cos ya dead right you have to pick ya weather in a small craft....I would hate to be in trouble out there and knowing i cant get on land for another 20 odd k.....

Mate have you done any good diving out of fortesque and all that or is to dangerous around fortesque for ya diving as i believe there is a good shipwreck out around these parts somewhere but i am not sure....

anyway better go catchya later mate

Mick

gday jaybee hows it going...mate a fish is a fish and they tell me that whiting are one of the best when it comes to eating.. bream are also a good fish we catch a lot of them down here around hobart. tough buggers on light line...mate i dont think any of us that have ever fished could turn our back on fishing for ever; it is far to addictive for that.. the more i get the more i want..i have fished since i was old enought to hold a rod and i just love it... yet i know a lot of people i have tried to introduce to the sport who just cant see what all the fuss is about..i call them the non beleivers......anyway mate thanks for your reply...maybe we will talk again soon...... brian

Hi Brain & Mick
    I have a 4.1 pride runabout with a 25 merc (about to get a 40 yamaha)
    and I dont go far from land here but do a lot of island hopping perkins, robins, hunters, three hummocks ect and you can aways be within a couple a k of shore.You will have to bring the tinny up brain Feb to march and see if we can get a snapper.they also catch a few around the batman bridge in launceston real bloody early in the morning. if you see any thing written by damen sherriff read that, he is supossed to be the snapper guru in tassie.About 15 years ago I went fishing with a mate from dunally, left through the narrows up toward maria island chasing tuna trolled all day (no Tuna) slowed down and caught a heap off great bloody couta