Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Tassie Bluefin

Re: Tassie Bluefin

hello ozdevil sorry to hear about your asthma mate i hope you are looking after your self.i am a diabetic and shouldnt dive either. but i would say asthma would definitly be to dangerous.mate i do reamember that whale.i heard that the police blew it up in the finish because somebody was going to end up getting eaten. i saw somewhere on the net a photo of a bloke teasing one up out of the water and grabing it by the nose. that would be a bit much excitment for me.we had a bit of a scare a while back a surfing carnival at clifton beach was called off because of a large white pointer. we had been diving for crays 2 days before around the clifton bluff.(dont go there no more).....mate i have got a old fishing mag obout snapper in whyalla.mate i can see what you mean by big snapper.mate it would be intresting to see how you rig for them beacause i have been told they are catching snapper over here as far down as bridport.i am going to do some more looking in to it might ring a couple of the northen tackle shops for info.i havent forgot about the photos i was gunna post you .i still cant work out how to srink em and the wife dont now either it took her ages to send that one of my tuna and it took up the whole bloody screen. i will have to find some one with half a brain to show me how....anyway mate look after your self gotta go now.1 more day to fishing.....brian

Gday Brian

Mate what i here about up north is good reports mate if ya hearing about it now mate i would be thinking of shooting up there very soon....Mate email me ya address and i will send ya over a couple rigs mate.....

Mate Diabetes well mate i heard swimming is good for diabetics mate....Mate i hate having bloody asthma specially this time of year it nearly puts me in hospital each time i have a bloody attack but not to worry mate i still can do normal things.......

Mate Mate mate 3 weeks and i havent managed to get out mate and tommorow gee its not looking good its forcasted golf ball size hail storms after todays effort of a dust storm.....I am really strating to wonder if i can actually get the boat to the boat ramp.... but anyway the boatshow is on this weekend so i will be venturing there prolly on Sunday and hopefully winning a 6 metre brand new whitley with 150 donk on the back of it....bit wishful thinking there but ya can only hope......

I have had some good reports over here that there is some pinkies on the move so i might chase them if i can get out....

Brian also if you wish to send those pic send them to me via email mate and dont wrry about shrinking them unless you really want to...and i will send back to ya in a shrunken format...

Anyway getting back on to the snapper mate a few things put the time in and you will get one.....Mate Really what ya have to do is get a heap of pillies mate prolly a 2 blocks of pillies so that ya can burley up and use for bait Also squid heads and full baby size squid...these would be the best for frozen bait...Now if ya really want to get a decent bugger use live baits prolly a mini marlin or smalllive squid.....

When i am fishing for for snapper as your only allowed the use of 2 rods in the salt over here so while i am waiting for a snapper i usually try for a few whiting....Also look at ya drop offs mate specially around deep holes and gutters and reef formations....

Mate if ya start catching and jimmy hendrixs there could be a few snapper around....

Well i better hit the sack gotta prepare the boat for a 4am start saturday

anyway just call me Mick....

cheers
    Mick(ozdevil)

gday mick you make that email stuff sound easy. mate when it comes to idiots i must be there leader... i have got the missus on to it so christ knows what you will get on your end but she thinks she's worked it out. mate i have sent my address with the email.if it dont make it tell me and i will do it again tommorow. we are fishing on sunday should be a good day weather wise.mate i hope you get a good day satarday. my mate next door is keen to go snapper fishing just got to get a plan together. the missus just told me there will probibly be 2 seperate lot of photos.(mate i dontlike asking her what she is on about i think she wants to kill me. better go now before she tries to... cheers mate brian

Gday Brian

Well what a prick of a day we had here in Adelaide mate Rain Rain Rain so means i didnt actually get out but hey always next weekend.....

Mate i got those photos pretty impressive cray's and some nice blues

Mate i never got your postal addy so i could send you that rig....

by Chance did you ever live in Bellerive and not far from the clarence footy oval???

anyway better go as tea is calling

cheers

mick

gday mick just a short note to let you know i have sent my address again. i think i might have stuffed up and sent those photos again for probibly the 10th time. mate i think that i am not the sharpest tool in the shed. mate i never lived on the eastern shore before.....sorry to hear about your fishin weather . we are leaving at 5.00 oclock for fortescue westly wind not to bad .ill let you know the results tommorow night see ya for now mate brian

Gday Brian

How did ya go yesterday mate did ya get a few blues

Mate we just had our boat show and i tell ya it was a bloody waste of time going....

But at least it gave me something to do as the fishing was a no go again this weekend

arrrgh well always next week

mick

gday mick iv'e been trying to send you a email and this #@* computer keeps saying iv'e been logged out ???but i just got the missus to do it and she recons its cause im to slow . if ya didnt get it i will try tommorow night. seeya mate brian

gday mick .lewis marine are having a boat show on sat down here, i think they have them to torment us... mate my new fishing offsider (fished the last 2 trips with him)..has invited me to join the tuna club and i agreed to give it a go.that way i will be able to learn more about the sport. they practice a lot of tag and release. and have comps through the year. mate you must go fishing soon so you can tell me what is going on over there.i better go for now mick still havent caught up on my sleep. brian

Gday Brian

Mate which tuna club ya joining down that way.... Mate I am really hanging to get out and catch a fish even if it is a bloddy doggy i would nt mind but hell its hard as after this weekend i wont be getting out for 3 weeks as the folks will be over...

Lewis are having a boat show well mate if its like the one we just had i wouldnt even be bothered going

anyway hopefully i will get a fish soon

mick

gday mick . mate im joining the eagle hawk neck club. iv'e been invited to the trophy night dinner next sat night. so i will get to see a bit about what goes on .should be good...mate what was wrong with the boat show ??? if it is any think like ours there is not much there for the average man.(big bucks only)..mate i wont be able to fish for the next 2 weeks either.at got commitments at home. mate the trout season open in a couple of weeks and at $60 a licence i dont think i will bother this year. i brought one last year and only used it twice. i used to trout fish alot but in recent years iv'e gone salt water mad... well mick bloody work again tommorow, leave home at 6 and get home at 6 what a life.iv;e got one sickie up me sleeve but im saving that for a special occasion.. any way mate see ya for now.... brian

Gday Brian

Mate our boat show was good if you were in the market for a new boat there wasnt many innovations at all they had stands for shoe polishers and even chinese cooking stand....

Mate trout fishing 60 bucks a licence mate....mate there is some very good salt water trout fishing in Tassie mate not far from ya front door

I can remember going out to Bridgewater there and catching a few big sea runners mate which i think are far better then the fresh anyway....

Mate i just got back from a club meeting and mate do i wish i was at port augusta at the moment its firing like all hell......Kingfish up 30kilo a few dolphin fish have been sighted and the surprising thing is a few bonito have appeared.......

As Port Augusta is the start of the gulf and well a way from all the main currents and what ever it just seems bloody strange for these fish to so far up in the gulf.....I can understand why the fish are there...but the strange thing is how did they get there in the first place.....

Mate joining a club can really be a benifit as i am a memeber of ansa and i am about to join up with the sa freshwater association......

Mate i better go as its hard to keep the eyees open

Mick

Hi brain66 & ozdevil
    I would'nt mind catching up with brain66 and doing a spot of fishing down south when the weather warms some. there are a few members in the Circular Head Sportfishing Club http://www.tassie.net.au/~roblazel/ talking about a trip down south later this year. Any way You Guys have a real thing going here and I loved the blue fin and if you ever come up north Smithton we can go and catch a snapper or 2

gday mick .mate you have had a late one..i now what ya mean about the sea run trout we do some times fish the lower derwent. mate it is getting harder and harder to get a trout because the bream uasuall get to the bait before the trout. not that iv'e got a problem with bream. mate as far fish turning up in strange places i wonder about it also every year we seem to get new species down here also. the snapper seem to be moving further south,there was a report of a snapper being caught in the cremorne area. there were king fish caught as far down as fortescue.and iv'e been told that they are turning up in greater numbers each year.( mate i dont know if ya now or not but we have a comp up north every year called the king fish classic.) why is it so mick. is it because as we have had to travel greater distances in recent years to catch the same fish we used to catch on our door step. the fish also are having trouble finding bait schools and wandering from there asuall path. mate i once saw a big purse seine netter haul tons of mackrel in fortescue they even had a spotter plane. mate i was told latter that the fish were sent to a fish meal factory to be used as cattle feed....surely this cannot be true...mate if so i think that the world has gone mad... and on that note i think it is time to get some sleep..... see for now mate...brian

dgay blaze .i dont beleive it another tasmanian. mate that sounds like a hell of a plan. iv'e been talking to ozdevil about snapper and im keen as to learn more about snapper. im thinking of planing a trip but dont know how or were i would start when i get there.. mate it wouldnt be a problem to get a trip organised if you are ever down south.. mate i must go now but we sould talk more about this. thanks for the post blaze...brian66

Gday Brian

Mate fishing for snapper down south in hobart and the surrounds wouldnt surprise me at all mate...the thing is Tasmanians seem to get stuck in setways and are not willing to learn much about whats going on around them.....

If you ever get the chance to chat with Starlo about his video he did.....he actually said to me there would be some great landbased gamefishing down south....I would have to tend to agree with starlo on this the thing is no one is really giving these things ago or if they do and are successful they are not letting the cat out of the bag......

Mate dont ever underestimate the derwent river mate i have a big fascination on fishing The derwent river as i have fished just about every spot you could think of....

Mate catching the sea run trout well there is different methods you can try i have been very successful in the Derwent river right through to kangeroo bluff catching sea run trout......spinning with pretty fish brian is very successful in the derwent...

I would even say there is snapper in the derwent even around tasman island and out around the rock....but the thing is you would have to spend alot of time Searching...

Brian i can remember a few back now i cant remember which boat i was on i think it was the norseman and a freind of mine he never uses bait and we were stopped just for stripeys and he was jigging and ya wouldnt believe it he jigged up a big albacore.... while the trolling was dead...

I have heard of the King fish Classic mate I think Carl hyland has alot to do with the runing of that comp....Another top fish to catch not that i have caught one...

anyway time to hit the sack myself

cheers

mick