Thread: 1M Barra Adelaide River

1M Barra Adelaide River

This is a Better quality picture of a 1M Barra caught from the Adelaide River Area on a small orange lure flicking at creeks at low tide. The fish wasn't caught by me, but looks better when Im holding it.

The fish was approxately 1 Meter 10cm and took about 15 Minutes to Land, It was the first barra for the guy who caught it.

Re: 1M Barra Adelaide River

Which dodgy bastards are giving me three's, What would it take to rate over 5, Im starting to think people are in-appropiatly rating other photos to ensure they have more of a chance to win a prize. I would have expected more of the people on this website, But I feared it would happen. I haven't rated a single person below 5, becuase they have been good photos. If you are going to rate me so lowly, please provide some feedback, SO I know where Im going wrong. Maybe Im going wrong thinking this would be a fair contest.

imported_admin

I would imagine it has to do with the fact that it was not caught by you.

The fish wasn't caught by me, but looks better when Im holding it.
    Comp rules state that you must post a photo of "your catch"

Your honesty in saying that it was not caught by you is appreciated.

I haven't had a vote on this one yet, but Steve is right.

The other thing that'll make me vote low is that I"M JEALOUS of a first timer donging a ripper like that.

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Brett_Finger

mate,
    at the risk of not upsetting you any more,it is only a meter barra.and you did not catch it.
    i'm not takeing the fact away thay are a good fish but a metery is a metery.
    Hookin,Brett

I thought of it as a photo competition, being the quality of the photo, not the person who caught it (Im not wearing my best shirt).
    To Hookin Brett, I have never caught a 1 Meter barra, I have caught thousands of barra, but never over a metre, or the 20 Kilo Mark. I think you are in a minority in regard to finding a 1 metre barra, not special. They must all be big in your rivers.

Its a shame i broke the rules, I didn't read the conditions properly, but I still doubt this was what generated the low ratings. Aww well. Its all good.

Can;t win the comp with this photo, so everyone rate it high.

Brett_Finger

Hookin,Brett