Thread: Pigfish

Pigfish

This is what I mainly catch on the wide spot, really like eating these.

Re: Pigfish

So thats what a pig fish looks like always wnted to know what they looked like

Yeah hope you liked it they would want to taste good hey, even at 1-2kilo they are hard reeling in from 100m

yeah i could bloody imagine what size sinker you got in that depth water mack?

lachie, do i detect some sarcasm sinker commonly referred to as a snapper lead they do actually pull hard till the swim bladder goes, especially when you get more than 1 best drop was 4.
    rob

yeah mate u got it lol, lame as it was - 4 on 1 drop that aint bad. The bloody swim bladder would go after about a 20m rise in that depth though ???

Cheers, Lachie

Even a few of my mates who work out winge like girls out at the wide spot , in fact ask anyone who has been out it is hard work, we yell for colour about 50 times on each fish just to keep moral up they must be fairly tough fish, they still thrash round in the boat.

Yeah deepest i been is bout 65 m and that took a while to get down and then up again you could go and have camp and wake up when ya bait hit the bottom it seemed to take that long I'd say it feels like ya done more winding up 60 odd meters after every drop than doing bloody wrist curls or the like for an hour

last trip to that reef the funniest thing happened, one of the guys hooked a big blue morwong, about 3 kilo, one of the other droppers hooks fouled its tail so after the bit of fight it was like a sea anchor all the way coming in sideways, and to make it worse a piggie rode the bottom hook as well, great to watch 8)

lol