Thread: Pearly and trout

Pearly and trout

Having abit of fun with a big Pearly and trout we caught from Double Island Point. These would be the top two eating fish ever (in my opinion)

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

Re: Pearly and trout

id rate them as well, emperor isnt a bad substitute though, the grey nurse closure if it gets through won't be to good for the in close fishn at DI.

Re: Pearly and trout

Hi Mackmauler
    Red Emperor is tops if not the best eating and one of the greatest fish to try find and catch. I have some big pics of reds we recently caught at Double Island Point. Reefs out from there produce some of the best reds around .We have been fishing up there for more 20 years and we are catching more and more reds every trip.There are some spots which produce reds all the time and are very secretive. Having fished this area for so long its very disapointing there closing Wolf rock off, we have never caught a grey nurse in this area ever. Iam so pissed off with there decisions and it seems this has only started occuring when divers starting diving this area a few years ago.We dont fish the bottom around wolf rock much anymore but we catch Trevally for bait before heading out wide and its top fun and one day i would love to take my young fella to do the same
    Cheers Reefmaster

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.