Thread: Manly Whiting

Captian_Zero

Manly Whiting

I caught these whiting at Manly recently. 23-25cm.

Regards

CZ

P.S. I think my fishing towel needs a wash

Re: Manly Whiting

umm dont want to dampen your spirits mate but you say they are 23-25cm better have a look at the nsw fisheries bag and size limits page

Gorilla_in_Manila

Col, Think you will find that is Manly Qld.

Captian_Zero

Jeff - exactly right Manly, Qld.

Thanks for your concern though Col - not unlike a cockroach to think the world revolves around Sydney though

Regards

CZ

P.S. They had a reasonable football team down that way once - Wynnum/Manly Seagulls. Couple of average players like Gene Miles, Wally Lewis, Greg Dowling - you may have heard of them #

Then i stand corrected just looking out for our future guys

cheers col

Captian_Zero

Col

No worries - FYI I would have been lucky to bring home a dozen fish this year from twice as many attempts. The 3 fish above are the most I have brought home in one trip. Enough for a feed for myself and my wife. I always throw back fish that are undersize, but as it is a rare occurence for me to get a legal size fish I take the opportunity to bring it home.

If we only take what we need, within the regulations, then hopefully the fishery will be there for generations to come.

If I catcha handful of undersize fish that I have to throw back then I still think it is a good trip as I just enjoy fishing and getting a feed every now and then is a bonus.

Sorry for rambling on a bit.

Regards

CZ

Big_Kev

Sounds like your fishing skills are on the improve then capt.
    Cheers Kev.