Thread: Sailfish

Sailfish

Heres some pics of billfishing with Mackmauler, from last week.

Re: Sailfish

Early entertainment. I'll try and make the rest of the photos bigger.

sail.

The pointy end

letting em go

Great snaps there Sharkbait. Almost National Geographic standards!! 8)

A quick quest, are they just the typical kitchen gloves Mackmauler's got on there or a special kind of "sailfish" glove?

Cheers,
    Hutcho

they are state of the art sailfish gloves hutcho also known as gardening gloves any gloves with plenty of protection for the palm of your hand are good enough for the job... NEVER try to grab them with out gloves on.. especially marlin, they have a tendancy to tear bare skin to shreds!

Yeah, I thought so! [smiley=hammer.gif] I had never heard of marlin/sailfish gloves like that before. [smiley=smartass.gif] Hooray for mum's old school kitchen gloves!

cheers Hutcho what jeffo said, gardening gloves.

The rubber finish on those gloves and no cloth in them make them suitable for getting wet. They have worked well, though there are gloves made for the job.

About time we got some more billfish, the sooner the spotties move on the better, its very distracting

hrmm.. i think you will regret that comment bout the spotties come winter rob.... but yes WE need to get out for somemore billfish days before this season is out

The slugs continue to be sold off Jeff, if the spottie season lasts till winter my slugs certainly won't..

Looking forward to getting some striped marlin when the blacks move on, there are good prospects all through winter out further here.