Thread: YOUR A GRINNER!

YOUR A GRINNER!

Im not gonna put up a report, i think i should stick to lure fishing, bait fishing on the reefs is just not my bag baby, heaps of small undersize squire and sweetlip with only 2 fish worth bringing home, and sean got 3 squiddies to munch on for dinner.. only pict for the day, a big grinner that sucked down a whole slimey mack on a gang rig while sean was fishing a Zoom Fluke Jnr and having is plastics ripped to shreds by reef fish

Tim

Re: YOUR A GRINNER!

Grinners to me mean you are not in the righty spot (No mans land, barren)
    Hey the big ship in the back ground, are you on spoil grounds ?
    BladeRunner

we were fishing currimundi reef, nicely anchored up and i was catching heaps of squire and the odd sweetlip, but undersize unfortunately, only legal fish was a 35cm squire and a big fat leather jacket, so having them for dinner tonight

that big ship came within 70 meters of us and boy did it put out some wake, they come in close for the Pilot boats to dock up with them so they can navigate the rest of the way to Brisbane so they come in close then head back out. there was about 9 other boats fishing currimundi at the time so nobody was too phased when it came past... biggest wake for the day tho was from the pilot boat when anchored up near Point Cartwright, he went between my boat and another boat only 20 meters apart at full steam, nearly shat myself as a huge wave came at us, very steep, but didnt roll which is good..

Tim

my cat enjoyed that grinner
    only good thing that you can use a grinner for is
    CAT FOOD
    they simply love em

They're supposed to be a gun Spaniard bait too....but then so is a cat!

Jack_Lives_Here

Fillets make good snapper bait also.