Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Spanish on a plastic.

Re: Big Spanish on a plastic.

Macs demolish normal plastics but you get up to ten fish on a snapback plastic. They can take a hammering. Who would be game to stick there fingers in there to place a plastic in? ???

DaneCross

Awesome pic, great fish.. check those teeth!

bidkev

Brilliant Pics jason.

Confidence on what's on the end of your rig is half the battle. Looks like you got it won. What depth were you jigging from, and whereabouts were they hitting?......if you don't mind me asking.

cheers

kev

We have been jigging in about 35 meters of water. The macks have been hitting the plastic about mid water with some hitting on the drop. The last few days have been hard because the spot has had heaps of gt's on it and as soon as the jig gets anywhwere near the bottom they nail it. Also getting the odd snapper at the same spot.
    jason

We have been jigging in about 35 meters of water. The macks have been hitting the plastic about mid water with some hitting on the drop. The last few days have been hard because the spot has had heaps of gt's on it and as soon as the jig gets anywhwere near the bottom they nail it. Also getting the odd snapper at the same spot.
    jason

fisher

Well done Jason some good guideing there mate and I recon the Snaps are the best plastic in the country by a mile.I've been brainin the Queenies on'em and the bass, seems every thing wants a piece of them just bad luck for the fish they don't get any pieces cause they don't break real easy.I had one blue glimmer that had caught 4 big queenies 1 golden trev 2 tealeaf trevas and 4 Gt's then a mongrel mackerel stole it. Not bad for the one plastic and the flathead around here just love the bubblegum colour,Hope you and Scotty are keepin well and havin fun when ya's commin down.Here's one of the Queenies that was caught weekend before last, you know where Paul Dolan

Top catch mate!

Hey paul,
    I will be back in brizzy on the 20th of june. Have to catch up for a fish. By the looks of the photo its pretty cold down there at the moment.
    jason

fisher

Jason hope to catch up mate and is Scotty commin down as well.It's not to cold yet and the gloves are for the fish's health and not for warmth,wet gloves are better for the fish than dry hands.And if ya gunna release them it's better to look after them the best ya can.Looks like ya haven fun up there.Paul