Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Marlin

Re: Marlin

Not much of a billy hunta, heres the only one ive ever kept, caught about half a dozen what type is this one jeff?...foxy

hrmm.. who caught who there dave
    that one looks to be a black as well
    story behind it?

i'll second that, but its a bit harder to tell in that case - i recon it looks more slender than a black that size usually does ???
    Smithy, i'm pretty sure they got the blue on 15 out off the cape, but not so far as the canyons.

MMMM sailfish..............should be on next weekend all going well!!!!!! We might have to duck out of the sharkhunt if that happens eh jeffo

CJ

hope your not chicken chris, and if jeffos putting pressure on you to wimp out dont listen to him

sharks, or billfish and pearlies.... whats would your choice be rob
    yes CJ i am itching to go fishing.

jeff the story behind that one is a beauty, and bloody long........but it came from cape moreton and i got it on a live mullet...was a very technical capture...foxy

here are a few from Nth NSW....

My mate Briff with a small black

Me with a small black Nth NSW

Large Sail caught on a 7 foot spinstick and a TSS4 on a skipping Garfish. Saumarez Reef off Gladstone (long way off Gladstone)

awsome pics there guys well done

It sounds like awesome fishing out there. Do many people go for billies out at Saumarez Reef? I thought mostly people went for mackrel and tuna or bottom fish? It could be done as an overnighter if u had a baja with 2x300hp engines

Yeah, but who's going to pay the fuel????
    Southwind SF20 'Piscatoreous'
    Savage 14ft tinny "About Time'

Its great to see that my thread is still kicking, i havnt checked this section for a while so i was surprised to see it still goin
    Cheers

Finally get to add to this post! Can't be too many places in the world where you can travel 30mins from home in a 6m boat and catch 2 marlin from 4 hooked on your first try. Gotta luv QLD.

Hey outsider!
    You caught a baby poor lil fella!!! nice fish, nice smile for the camera, nice looking boat BUT bloody QLD mate down here a week ago in BEAUTIFUL coffs harbour the water temp was around 26 degrees
    Crap weather here now howling southerlies
    Cheers
    Lumo
    P.S Keep this thread alive with your shots of marlin