Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ausfish photo Event  This week its (SNAPPER)

Re: Ausfish photo Event #This week its (SNAPPER)

i think peter AKA #SNAPPA #is the king of snapper isn't he??
    but here's my 1st one.
    then it realy gets ughly

Dug this out and wiped the dust off…..forgive the quality of pic and scan.
    11.9kg on 6kg . It beat the ANSA record for about 5 minutes until the mate I was fishing with weighed his slightly bigger one.

cHiCo

loving the stubbies and turtle neck combo mate!

Actually, they're the up-market Stubbies called "Scoops", had a pair of them myself back in the seventies
    Top fish on 6 kg, was it a LBG capture ??

Cheers
    Craig

Craig
    I reckon you’re right re the shorts. I must say I cringe a little, from a fashion perspective, when I look at some of my early pics.
    The fish was from a boat in Sth Aust near Adelaide. Long rod I know, didn’t have many boat rods.
    I did catch some land based on heavier gear. A couple were bigger than this one. Best was 28lb.
    They were ‘good ol days’ but they still get them from the same spots today, bit more water between them though.
    Cheers

BeastMaster took these 2 Snapper from Moreton Bay , during a RBC fishing competition . Both fish weighed in at 10.1 KG each. I've caught many between 7 to 8 kg but only these 2 over the magic 10 kg mark .
    Keep Ya Tip UP
    Beast

Here is a Typical Southern Moreton Bay Snappa...

Bens biggest hes caught so far...

im sure that fish put up a brilliant fight hey atleast its a fish lol
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

Ahhhhhh Adam you bastard. Yeah anyways, put up an absolute stonka fight guys. Almost reefed me on the bottom, but just managed to get the little guy up with some fancy boat work by Adam (one tricked up skip you are olde mate!) and some expert advice from Jonesy. Sorry....can't reveal location as it's a real spot "X" this one.

That photo was taken in late April. Got one identical, maybe a tad smaller today at the exact same spot with ten freaking thousand of his twin brothers and sisters.

Ben

That's great! Very funny stuff guys!

Isn't it odd that when you catch a nice fish, the camera has to be dug out of the gear bag, set up, lenses adjusted, etc, etc, etc and your fishing pal huffs and pouts about having to go through the trouble of taking a picture intead of fishing but when you catch a little dink fish, the camera is always right there, ready to go and your pal is all too eager to take a picture? Strange, isn't it?

My brothers do this to me all of the time. One year, they conspired to only take photos of my tiny catches. I caught a nice bass and asked them to take a pic. "No, sorry, it's much too big." A few minutes later, I get a baby carp--"Hey, Tom, look!" I turn to see what he's talking about.---"Click!", picture taken! "D'oh!"
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

Tell us the truth EC...... all the fish you catch are small carp

Welllllll...nooooo MTp,....but...umm...uhh...most...seem to....uhh...O.K., yes. It's all carp. Ya got me!

Now, to "quickly" change the subject back to the snappers , good pics guys! By the way, what's the next species going to be? (If it's small carp, I've got loads of 'em.) Given it any thought? What is most caught there at this time of year?
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

Speaking estuary spiecies, the most species caught this time of year would be Bream, or Tailor. The bream spawn heavily in the bay through winter and the season only gets better from here on. Tailor are just too much fun to catch, great fish.
    cheers
    Les

I want to catch fish like that when i grow up.

Scorpion

well a week has been and gone and i reckon the winner is Beastmaster with some big bay snapper and i reckon on par with them is outsiders mate with a really qaulity pic of that nice knobby.

Thanks to all for putting ya pic up
    Cheers Greg

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.