Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I want to see your best Bream!!!!

I want to see your best Bream!!!!

Hi all, I don't know if this has been done b4, probablly but i could't find anything a few pages back!!

Anyways Seeing Bream seasion is on us again # I would like to see some thumping big Bream to get me worked up again to catch the big one this seasion!! I would like to know the general area they were caught too, I don't want to be thinking your monster from down south was caught up this way

I can start it off with the best one I have on Camera. it was 35cm to the tip of the tail and caught on whitebait at night in the Pine River, dam tall fat Bream too . We have caught plenty on plastics here too but not quite as big as this one The second Pic is my mate with one of his Bream (can't find the pic of your better one sorry mate if i do i will post it). it is closer to the average size we get at either spot X or Y up the pine Lol

Cheers
    Brandon...

Re: I want to see your best Bream!!!!

not my biggest but it's a good size.. i forgot the measurement of it..

10% of people catch 90% of the fish

i cant seem to attach the photo...
    10% of people catch 90% of the fish

here ya go
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

42 cm

Couple of nice fish there guys!! but you didn't tell me where they came from? That Beach in your photo looks familar Manchild?? sorta looks like one over Redcliffe way..

yours streetkid could be any jetty in Australia!!
    He looks quite a fat Breambo!! would have been very close to 2lb?? or am i way off

Some of these Bream comp guys should know and have some good pics to post too!!!!

Rob send me an email with your pics and i will host and post them for you

bjh79 @ optusnet.com.au

Cheers
    Brandon...

This my PB Bream coming in at 32cm from the burleigh waters canal system..

40cm's of prime Richmond River bream. My PB on SP's thus far...though looking to break that in the next couple of weeks.

Nice fish Archer!! Bloody good rod too mate Keep em comming guys!! FlickFlack I'm sure you have some pictures of some Monster Bream!!!!

Cheers
    Brandon...

Was a while ago - 1971 at Teewah. Weighed 41/2 lb.

Thats bribie the passage side
    cheers
    George
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

What's Bribie passage side George?

Brandon, mine came from wooyung beach in northern nsw caught him on a pippi and he was 2lb at a minimum.

That's a monster Slider, same weight as my PB, but I have no pics, mine was caught in Toogoom north of Hervey Bay in 1989, will post the certificate to prove it, won me best fish of the month in the local running comp.

Manchild - see your post of bribie passage bream now. I'll blame the JD's last night.
    Canoedle - Was a lot of big bream around Teewah in those days but only ever caught 3 over 4lb. They're a special fish at that size for sure. Hardly ever see fish over 3lb these days and in fact don't see too many bream being caught in the surf here at all anymore.
    Archer - I notice that bream pic you posted has a 'dip' at the front of the dorsal. Have seen that a lot in estuary bream in recent years and am wondering what causes it. 2 theories that have been posted not long ago were that is caused by nets as juveniles or is a disease. Does anybody have any firm ideas as to what this is?