Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Photo Event.This week(13/7-19/7) its "FLATHEAD"

Re:  Photo Event.This week(13/7-19/7) its &qu

caught in the mooloolah river on a 3" berkley dropshot in watermelon, Lovey coloured fish caught in about 2 foot of water under the shade of a bridge.

CHRIS_aka_GWH

Re: #Photo Event.This week(13/7-19/7) its &qu

a pic worthy of a spot in Grant's vertico - very classy.[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CHRIS_aka_GWH

Re: #Photo Event.This week(13/7-19/7) its &qu

why the demise of porpoise point made me cry ...

the one on the right is not being held forward - its a seaway monster.

the one on the left is the average size one from there.

they were caught in successive casts at dawn the day after Bondy & crew won the Americas cup from the shore of porpoise point on the ebb turn - you'd drift a pillie into the froth & BLAM - used to be like a roulette wheel - lizards, tailor, dart, big sea bream, trevally the chance of jew.

I'm getting teary now ... #

My brother scott was king of that point - he could pull six straight & once conquered, on surf gear, a giant trevally that cut the corner (was something to see).

chris

Beefaman,

Did you give the flatties some of that XXXX Bitter or something? They look like those crazy arse singing billy bass mounts that you often see adourning the walls of country pubs, or your mate's garage. Tops haul.

Ben

thanks chris, i took that photo for vertico

Tim

The lizards had no beer......but we sure did!!!

a large flattie

CHRIS_aka_GWH

is it behind that brown mountain rob ?

& she still got some spunk too - fins out & ready to slash

that fish lived to fight another day, caught it 6 yr ago at 90cm so must be a real crocodile by now, if its still kicking.

From the Flathead Classic a couple of years ago. Notice back then we had to double tag any fish over 50cm during the comp.

what was the reasoning behind the double tags rob?

Tag shedding exercise. Every now and again a project comes up where we double tag. If one dissappears and the other stays they get statistics on what percent of tags dissappear if at all. Bit species dependent as well. God know how many tags would get rubbed off by fish like Gold Spot Cod/Parrot and the like that get into holes etc. That year it was for the Flathead Classic as they buy their own tags off Suntag for the event. Last year there was no tagging in the comp.

interesting you should say that bout the tag shedding smithy.
    when i was in the SCSFC years back i tagged over 500 fish in the maroochy river project and in the first year or so after i had about 15 returned recaptures (one was by me ). since then i havent had news on any

Mackmauler,

Good choice of lure there mate, "Eddy's Wasp" has been a fav of mine as well.

I need to scan in a few more of my Lizard pics from the Flathead Classic, I might have caught a few good ones a few years back ,

Anyhow, here are a few stiffy's from Crusoe Island (Jumpnpin) that were jigged up on large Storm SP's while "Meat Gathering"

Cheers Craigie.

Craig, thats a fine hall, wouldnt you know it that big lizard was the first customer of the wasp, went on to catch hundreds of flatties over the years but none better than that....a new baby lure that could make the hall of fame is a DK miniture, at present the catch rate is higher than the manns 5 which is my benchmark junior, so many lures to choose from