Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: GT Fishing

GT Fishing

First timer.... just had to brag - doesnt happen for me very often.....

Re: GT Fishing

howly crap that thing is a monster what was the weight of it?

Not sure my scales only go to 15kg and that didnt even lift his head ?

Have been told that 45 -50kg would be fair.. He was 147cm and I almost took water in trying to get him over the side...

p.s #- #he was returned alive to swim another day......

Top fish there gt warrior well done. What area did you catch it in and what sort a gear were you using.

TIM-DONSELAAR

very nice GT i would be bragging about it

cheers tim #[smiley=beer.gif]

Thank you for the comments, very kind. #He was caught on a popper, 200mm River to Sea job... Reel was a Shimano spheros 14000 with 80lb braid and a 30lb leader.. #He towed me along at 6-8 knots for 15 minutes in me 4.5 metre tinnie. Caught between the group and shag after seeing tuna blowing up in the gutter. ( But dont tell anyone)

Still havent stopped smiling, you must understand , I have only dreamed about catching a GT like him for near 30 years... now, were are those blacks...?

mate, that is an awesome animal, i would love to catch somet5hing of that size....well done!!

Wow, amazing colour on that sucker, had to chuckle at towing you at speed in the tinnie, my best GT went about 8Kgs and having hooked quite a few around that size I can just imaging what a monster of 40+ Kgs would do. I am guessing someone had sore arms the next day.

Nice GT mate good stuff that the sort of fish dreams are made of did she swim off straight away or did it take her a while?

I'd call that a turrum, caught one once but I dont really know what the difference is - i assumed that the black colour and monstrous proportions mad them a Turrum - can any one add to this - damn nice fish no matter what it is - well done

Turrum = Giant Travally

holy sh** ..... yea bloodly great i can,t wait to get one of those huge gt.... 40kg plus well done dude....

plus i can,t wait for my coming trip .....

for what its worth ?

Another member of the Trevally family Caranx, Turrum are often confused with their bigger and more powerfully built, and almost identical looking, cousin fish the GT or giant trevally.

These brutes of the coral reefs and bomies are exceptional light tackle sportsfish and can be readily caught on trolled lures and baits, jigged chrome lures, poppers, fizzers and flies

I stand corrected

Absolute horse of a fish. Can only dream of pulling something like that out on a popper. What was the take like???
    Cheers
    Jackash