Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GT Fishing

Re: GT Fishing

Being from Hawaii and having fished ulua (GT's) both top water plugging and slide baiting, most of the very big ones (+35 kg) are caught slide baiting. Simple fact is most of the big ones are night hunters, and its pretty ineffective topwater plugging at night. That being said, big ones are caught topwater, my cousin caught this one with a 6 inch topwater. Towed him out to deep water in a 16 foot aluminum boat, not unlike GT Warrior. This one was 96 lbs at the scale.

How good was Sunday 5th.... Guess his weight ?

Hmmmmm I reckon it's about 2 Hernia and a slipped disc worth

Looks like you got it all sorted now for those brutes!
    You will have to start gracing the covers of a few mags soon!
    You say fish, I say yes please.

WOW
    I'll try catch that fish one day
    Happy life of fishing,
    favourite_whiting

Bus_Fish

Super catch, I've seen several of these grey buses recently in central indonesia, I've hooked a couple off the rocks but not landed one yet, they run circles around every coral lump they pass on the run. The biggest one I saw was in possibly bigger than that, he followed the rapala right up to the rock ledge 3 feet below me on the first cast and when I saw it I pulled the lure out of the water to steady my nerves and check the drag . Next cast he did the same thing right up to the ledge so I left the lure idle in front of his mouth, he sucked it in and went straight for the rocks 10 minutes later he was free again, bust off. I'm a beginner but it was an awesome site to see and feel a fish that big so close.

Thats a real arm stretcher you have there gt warrior
    IS THAT A ROD IN MY POCKET OR AM I JUST HAPPY TO BE FISHING

Guys ,

Here is a 38+ kg GT by a newcomer in GT fishing , no doubt the guy is properly hooked for life with GT fishing .

JonLi .
    It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so .
    Mark Twain .

Guys ,

Mr. Pat Victorino's from Hawaii CnR this 55+ kg GT , he fished Sumba n Komodo islands with a couple of Ozzie anglers from Sydney .

JonLi .
    It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so .
    Mark Twain .

dunk island gt

another dunk island gt

WOW [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] some nice GT's their boys thanks -all- for sharing -

I especially like Lanks first pic - I thought I was the only one to got out in not so favourable conditions to play tug o war with then - look at his face, it speaks volumes

RESPECT

GT Warrior
    What type of rod/reel/line combo do you use to catch those beasts?
    Thanks
    Ted

Witsundays GT on 10kg mono.

Nice fish mate
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Pistol_Pete

Thats a stonking big GT mate....awesome colours in him too.....