Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Show us your weather shots!

Show us your weather shots!

Hey guys,
    Would be interested in seeing some of the freaky stuff mother nature can throw at us out on the water. I love watching lightning burst across the sky, as well as big cloud fronts and those water spiral thingies (I'm sure someone will give the correct name for it). So how about it, your best shots of wild weather out on the water!

I'll start us off with this big storm coming in over the bay last year. My sister got this photo from the Micat as she was heading home from Moreton.
    Joel
    Fishing for the thrill, not for the kill

Re: Show us your weather shots!

wow thats a cool pic!
    this pic mite be a bit off track.......but its dry out at north pine

Pistol_Pete

Heres a nice storm in Noosa....

bidkev

The deckie, dogs and me..........rain moving in on the Lake District UK

Shower over corn field Scotland

Breaking light after storm Blackpool UK

Breaking light after storm Blackpool UK

Clearing storm at dusk Blackpool UK

My last home in the UK and why I left

Some fantastic shots there! And that English Rugby League Player thought Blackpool was better than Bondi.... Yeah right!
    Joel

bidkev

The one of the tower............"clearing storm at dusk" isn't

From the sun's position I would say that was shortly after mid-day (west coast).............another reason why I left.............not a soul to be seen..............bloody pommy wusses

Jeeeeeeeeez! I must be old..............it's a bugger when you can't remember what time of day that you took a shot

kev

Here's a waterspout off Ballina that chased us around a bit, then just fizzed right in front of us.

Muzz

At the time, the wave on the right of the funnel looked to be about 15ft high.

Muzz

super_mackerel

Hey mate

This pic is 30 min before the storm attacked, I can’t take any photos later because I was to hurry to reached the earth, this is what we called (the silence that come before the storm).

Cheers & happy new fishing year

Murad

Foolish_Chicken

Pics are looking north towards top of Moreton. I'm glad I didn't stick around.

Foolish_Chicken

A few mins later

Wags- very familiar sight that one. Was playing volleyball at tanga one year, facing south and watching this big storm just rolling up the island. Minute we felt a raindrop we bolted for cover about 10m away and still got soaked. When they start, they start damn quickly.

Murad- great shot mate, definitely the calm before the storm. Did you make it home dry that day?

Muzz- waterspout! That's what I was talking about in the first post. Good photo, would love to see one of them myself
    Joel

bidkev

A sad note to the shot of the tower.

I heard on the news yesterday that a helicopter had gone down killing all 7 on board heading for a gas rig 20 miles offshore.

If you look along the sea wall to the foot of the tower where the last wave is breaking on the wall, that is the ramp where the lifeboat used to launch, and yes, they do head out in those kind of seas. Nearby Lytham St Annes and Fleetwood lifeboats also encounter similar conditions

It has brought home to me just how brave those volunteers are and how lucky I am to be living here. Those kind of seas are present for at least a quarter of the winter months and even sometimes in summer.

http://www.btinternet.com/~m.fish/st.../blackpool.htm

super_mackerel

I dont think so
    LOL

Cheers Murad

Breaking Light After Storm Blackpool UK.Great shot Kingtin they obviously know how to build a seawall in the UK.
    Thank God my however many greats granddaddy got caught stealing that hogshead of yeast all those years ago.