Thread: What broardband deals are you on????

What broardband deals are you on????

Looking at a new carrier but there is alot of them out there. Who are you useing and are they ok??
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: What broardband deals are you on????

Bigpond unlimited 256/64 with shaping after 10gig per mth for $59.95/mth......Thompson Speed Dial Modem included in free startup here in Townsville.

Have a drop out here and there but no problems that would make me consider moving. Have also got 4 mobiles and the home phone through them (telstra) and have got a good deal.

Have a look at Whirlpool for a good decision aid...http://www.whirlpool.net.au/

Regards
    Graeme
    May the winds blow lightly upon your sails
    May the seas buffet gently upon your hull
    May your chiller be full of piscatorial delights

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

aanet - 1500k (very fast), 8gig limit, $45 per month. No shaping, and only $3 per additional gig (the most I've ever used is 3.5 gig though). Been with them for over six months and haven't had a single problem.

Just checked their plans though and they don't offer my plan any more, though there are still some decent options.

check it out: https://www.aanet.com.au/Plan_12.html

cheers,

steve

fishingnottake

internode 512home value, 15 gig included data, free uploads, extremly reliable, great tech support, all for 49.95, i can't fault internode,
    ash

fishingnottake

sorry forgot a link for you http://adsl.internode.on.net/pricing/home.htm

What is shaping?

fishingnottake

after you go over your download allowance they throttle your speed back to 72 kb/s it works out to about twice as fast as dial up when you're shaped, for example when i'm unshaped i get download speeds of 50-60 kB/s when shaped it sits on about 6-8kB/s

2 computers...on bigpond cable..4 email addresses...very few problems...$65 per month unlimited...very happy with it

TPG - 1500k - 20 gig - $49.95/mnth

Been on the plan since moving to Rocky in December and am very happy with the service
    Cheers
    Mark

is any one with aapt or froggy?????
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

markpeta

spiro aapt top service bundled phone and internet save alot on phone compared to telstra and broardband 45 a month and heaps of download limit first few months was downloading all the time and never reached limit now lucky to get to 50% about 2 gig off peak and 2 gig peak.

Mark

bigpond cable. they shape after 10gig, but you dont notice it. Did just over 7.5 gig in just over three hrs a couple of Sat's back. Good setup. Cheap enough unlimited speed. But thats only as good as the sending server. Have had over 900k down loads. but they are rare. Bigpond has server space with major downloads on that dont count towards your down load limits. Game servers, music etc. unlimited/128k for $69.95

Its the 9th of the month and I have all ready done 678 MB so I get my moneys worth

freddyfish

Bigpond cable . excellent speed compared to adsl... never used the 10 gig limit ever and really notice the difference in speed to my nephews wireless connection

Speed is the answer , and most local downloads from bigpond , ausgamers etc. are always around 1meg/second .... e.g. A 500 meg file downloads in about 8 or 9 minutes.

Cheers
    Brad

gogecko

aanet rules. 512k , 1 gb mth, $30 mth.

darryl_l

Free Unlimited No Extra Costs

I use the broadband at work