Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Best In The Business

Re: Best In The Business

Mod 6 and Kev,

Guys, I think you might be falling into the trap by responding to these posts.

The more you respond, the more is going to come back to you to chew over. We could join the other site under dodgy aliaises and stir the pot there, get banned, join again under another dodgy and ask why. It could go on and on and on and - well, you know.

If you get sent off in a game of sport, you don't like it, the ref/umpire's nuts, picking on me etc, but you go off and serve a penalty.

TOL

First up I'd like to thank sincerely the participants of this thread for the many minutes of genuine laughter they've provided me with. My observations and involvement in forums and servers over several years leads me to make the following conclusions. New, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum identifying symbols and the number of posts made by a user is begging for trouble. Certain types of people are drawn to these things for whatever reason (compensation for a tiny whatsy or who knows \ cares). Users, Mods and Admin all have their place, to create an artificial pecking order has the effect of making some people believe that their contribution is somehow worth more than others. Thus we have tantys being thrown and knickers being twisted when these types feel that X number of thousand posts has magically conferred upon them some kind of god like status, thereby entitling them to special treatment. Fact is they're just another user. Mods, your job requires you to make decisions that people may not like sometimes.. tough s***, let 'em get over it in their own way, you don't need to explain yourselves.When all else fails the /nuke button wins.
    As I said, thanks for the laughs.

JewseeTHAT, you just hit the nail on the head right there, well said

Cheers and Beers

Scott
    "Mystique" Haines Signature 580BR with 175 of Mr Suzuki's finest ponies

OK guys, I think we get the drift.

Let's move on.

I will lock this down. Not for any other reason other than " Time Gentlemen ".

I sincerely thank all who contributed positively in this " topic ". !

OK, back to fishing matters, kids, boats, rods and reels.

Fish for the Future !