Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best In The Business

Re: Best In The Business

Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter
    nope whats going on there

# #
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AUTO REMOVED BY SPAM FILTER .comthe other..... side of the coin

another question mods why wont you answer the above replies.
    Interesting post. #I have looked at the coding behind the page and you have written exactly there what people are looking at. You typed in AUTO REMOVED BY SPAM FILTER and then bolded it. #

YOU DID NOT TYPE A LINK AT ALL

Ausfish and it's Moderators reserve the right to remove any link at any time regardless of whether it is advertising or not, as do other forums.

A number of links have been removed from Ausfish recently because of spamming. #

If you are referring to a link to The Fishing Group Of Australia Forum, yes that link has been removed because of spamming both on the Ausfish Chat Board, in members PMs and in members emails.

Further, a number of members have been banned from Ausfish because of that spamming.

In addition to the above I add the following quote from the admin of the site mentioned above after he banned someone for similar spamming on that board.

More like.. you were spamming.. I didnt take any part in spamming another
    site.. a few members did.. but without my approval.. and once i find out who
    they are, will be adding them to the ban list aswell.. so its not a "Do as
    I say.. not Do as I Do" IF.. you asked nicely, i would have probably saying
    yes to you posting your link in a main board.. but because you were rude
    enough to PM members.. you'll be added to the ban...
    Regards

mod5

I didnt type that I copied and pasted it from my signature before changing it, there was no link.

fish/seq dot com have left the spam about ausfish all over the forums there and have called a spade a spade, why wont you do the same?

The website is still displayed on that other site as an example of the open door policy which is so not evident here.

still no answer to the real issues here is there

the member who spammed
    fish
    seq.com is still a member and invited to respond to the many posts they have generated unlike all the ones who were banned here for the same offense!!!!!

So where is all this info regarding the banning ? Does it really exist or is it just hear say ? One of the guys here offered to pass it on via email to put the matter to rest but it looks like it was removed from his post (I have a good memory)

So what is the difference between say Sundown and Fisher Boats and your "Approved" website advertising your services as a demonstrator Derek ?

Do we have a time frame on the answers mods or is a spade a shovel now

It is a pity that it has come to this,I can't help but think that due to a personal vendetta the site has very much cut it's nose off to spite it's face,fact is some have been judged by a different set of rules and the person/persons responsible need to have a hard look at the long term consequences,by following this trend you will rid the site of any character and in time all that will be left will be a sterile place full of people pissing in each others pockets saying what they think they should be saying and not what they want to say.Ban people by all means if it warrants it but do it fairly across the board and keep personal differances out of it.

It seems pretty straight forward. The website has rules and the moderators use their discretion in deciding who has, or has not broken those rules and what punishment is suitable.

There is a pretty clear difference between a guy advertising his services as a demonstrator, compared to rival companies trying to poach members. Keep in mind Steve started this site back in 1994. He has worked hard to optimise the site and have it listing high in the search engines. It is not REASONABLE to expect him to allow another website to spring up over night and use his hard won database to kick start their own website. If another site wants to get up and running, then it should try getting other sites linking to it, or use Google Adwords, or similar online marketing tactics to gain more members. People will soon find it. There is a right and wrong way to go about things, and it seems some people think that poaching another persons hard earned database is justified. Well it's not, there are few things lower than riding off someone elses business that they have poored money, time and effort into. If members feel they have been treated harshly, then they have options - such as joining, or starting another site.

One can only think that other sites are not doing too well if people are still logging on to this one, trying so hard to get banned ex-members back to this one. That other site would probably become a good site in its own right if its members and supporters simply built a bridge and got over things and started posting on their forums rather than these forums.

The mods have there chance to set the record straight and the clock has been ticking for a long time on the issue, lets wind this up.

Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter
    The mods have there chance to set the record straight and the clock has been ticking for a long time on the issue, lets wind this up.
    Your IP indicates to me that you are already a banned member. Perhaps you could let us all know exactly what it is you are looking for.
    Regards

mod5

Can't you just ban his IP and let uys get on with it?

Lets start with an explanation about why the banned members were banned, lets just start with all the posts relevent to say only members of 1 year or over to see what the reasons are.

Then its time for an explanation about mod 6s behaviour breaking ausfish rules as outlined.

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by banshee

It is a pity that it has come to this,I can't help but think that due to a personal vendetta <snip>.
    I understand that mate,with all that has happened and the lack of the "total picture", but looking at some of the recent posts, I think the direction of the vendetta is pretty obvious, and it ain't coming from Ausfish. If guys want to jump ship because they don't like the way they *perceive* the site is going, then that's their perogative. If they want shut of it, then why don't they just let things settle down instead of perpetuating the aggro? Take a step back and a deep breath and wait?

One has to ask though, if a commercial venture really would risk it's "customer base" over what some perceive as a "personal vendetta"? Has the full story been told, and if not, wouldn't you hazard a guess that there must be a valid reason for this, as opposed to the site owner risking this manner of distraction on the site?

I wasn't going to buy into this at all, 'cause I feel like I have lost some good mates because of what has happened. I've learned a lot from some of those that have left and I really do think that some of 'em have jumped the gun a bit and it is they who are 'cutting off their nose to spite their face.

If I don't like certain things in something that as a whole, I do like, then I don't jump ship. I prefer to stay and try and get the ship on an even keel within the framework that the Captain has set me. It is his ship after all. If I step out of line, then I know that most good Captain's would accept an apology and would be fair if I promised to not to step out of line again and moderate my behaviour. If I refused to accept, or really couldn't see how I had stepped out of line, then I wouldn't be of much use to the Captain now would I? If I attempted to spread dissent amongst the crew, then the Captain would have me off that ship, pretty quick!

In the end it all comes down to the fact that *any* site owner has the right to act as he sees fit. If that doesn't sit square with some, then they can, and indeed have, voted with their feet. That doesn't give them the right to continue the conflict and it certainly doesn't do them, or the new site, any justice. To me, it simply appears petty, vindictive and intrusive as I'm sure the vast majority simply want to move on from this.

Those that have gone are a substantial number and I'm sure that many will be sadly missed. But we're all dispensable when it comes down to it, and there is always someone to fill our shoes. Step out of line and the system (whatever it may be) will dispense with you. Continuing the debate is not going to score any points or change anything. What's done is done and we just need to get on with it. I wish all that have gone well and only hope that those that aren't barred, can find it in themselves to still frequent this site as there is a wealth of knowledge and mateship that will be missed.

kev

To err is human, to blame it on someone else is more human.

fafnir your missing my point,I couldn't give a rats arse who gets banned I don't take the internet thing very seriously at all it's simply a distraction,I just think there has to be a better way of dealing with people than what is currently happening.