Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best In The Business

bidkev

Re: Best In The Business

Jeeeez, can't my little feller talk?

Sorry about that folks, he hadn't logged off again.

Meant to add to the analogy that many blokes find that they feel comfortable in both the "posh" pubs and the "spit and sawdust" pub. .............they simply have to remember which pub they were in, before they open their mouths

kev

I argue very well. Ask any of my remaining friends. I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me.

As Moderators we all have different opinions and views, but in the end, we know what the Ausfish Rules are and attempt to enforce those rules in the best interest of the site and it's members.

Try this !

Simply, if you are doing 75kph in a 60 zone YOU KNOW YOU ARE SPEEDING.

If you personally attack, show disrespect, post distasteful posts etc, YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAVE BROKEN THE RULES !

Simple........Simple..........Simple !

We are not going to post up in the public arena every reason someone is banned for whatever amount of time. Nor are we going to spend our ' donated ' time pm'ing every one telling them something they already know.

I am sure many of you have recieved pm's from Moderators from time to time, getting advice that a post will be deleted, needs to be modified or will be moved. But to do this with everyone is impossible.

As a matter of interest, should the banned members ( and we all know who we are talking about ) actually admit to their indiscretions and apologize, instead of continually attacking other members, making accusations, attempting to discredit Ausfish etc, via other web sites, then maybe, just maybe, a positive result could occur.

WE all encourage debate and DO NOT CENSOR a healthy topic.

Fish for the Future

Well said Phill

I have read with interest this post and have some thoughts so here we go.

I will start with mod6, quote,As a matter of interest, should the banned members ( and we all know who we are talking about ) actually admit to their indiscretions and apologize, instead of continually attacking other members, making accusations, attempting to discredit Ausfish etc, via other web sites, then maybe, just maybe, a positive result could occur.

That my friend is exactly what is causing the rift here, you have straight away broken a rule of ausfish with that post, it is defamatory towards banned members, not all banned members have done what you state they have!

the post by ausfish stating all the deleted posts are kept on record is timely once and for all time lets clear this up right now, lets have it out in the open for all to see, its one to make all those claims now shoot me down in flames if im wrong.

the other website has a very healthy attitude towards this and wants to clear this up for the benefit of all. ausfish.com has been spammed over that website and is left up proving its support for the site, while that website is blacklisted and cannot be posted in any way shape or form here, we are trying our best to sort this out over to you.

I hope both parties sought out any differences, ive always enjoyed ausfish and hopefully ive contributed towards its success, but unfortunately i know none of the facts behind this and i dont even know whose been banned?
    Im not stupid i can guess a few of them, but not all. As far as i know at least 25 of the 52 platnium members, myself included have joined the other site. This is nothing special, im a member of many sites. But i hate to see such a core group starting to devide without knowing why?
    Ive made many friends threw ausfish and hope to make many more, lets hope common sense prevails ...foxy

To right foxy, its a win win situation for everyone lets see what can be done.

I will continue to post in this topic untill everyone is satisfied we have all achieved a satisfactory result.

bidkev

Dad (kingtin) you were logged into my name when you posted just then.

Jay.Jay

Derek_Bullock

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish
    Members agree to abide by the rules of the site when they join. If they choose to break those rules then they pay the consequences. It is really that simple. Myself and the mods that donate their time in helping run this site do not have time to answer every single question about why someone got banned. They are an adult/child and know the difference between right and wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nugget
    It is a sad situation that it has come to this, but I can see no other option than do what Ausfish Steve has done - make the moderators anonymous. Over the past few months we (myself included) have received abusive phone calls, physical threats against our families and ourselves and sabotage against other sites we own or have association with because we have moved or deleted post on this chat board.
    While I’d be happy to share a coldie with 99.9% of Ausfishers any day of the week, there are a few fly ins and nutters that have made it difficult for all.

I am posting this explanation because I take exception to those suggesting we are hiding behind a number – criticising the changes, without knowing the facts.
    We the mods delete obscenities, spam, ads and deliberate stirring on a daily basis for no other reason than we like the people we meet and what we read here.
    We do not deserve the crap being dished out in PMs and posts about the changes and we definately don't have to put up with the threats - hense the Mod numbers instead of names.

Before you hit the ‘POST’ button, think… will this offend someone; am I posting this to create a stir? If the answer is yes then don’t hit the ‘POST’ button.
    There will be no warnings – there are too many good people on this site to let a few spoil it.

Dave ><>
    Steve has outlined it quite clearly I think.

Daves post from another thread explains it further - There will be no warnings – there are too many good people on this site to let a few spoil it.

The banned members may be ones of long standing and with thousands of posts between them but in my book rules are rules.

Derek

Sorry dad I didn't know that you had already posted about me still being logged in and I didn't know you were still logged in just before when I posted.

Jay.Jay
    Go mighty Broncos

Go Wallabies

Chat Board Rules
    « on: 29. Jan 2004 at 12:27 » # You agree, through your use of this Chat Board, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive.

Quote Originally Posted by mod6
    If you personally attack, show disrespect, post distasteful posts etc, YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAVE BROKEN THE RULES !

Simple........Simple..........Simple !

As a matter of interest, #should the banned members ( and we all know who we are talking about ) actually admit to their indiscretions and apologize, instead of continually attacking other members, making accusations, attempting to discredit Ausfish etc, via other web sites, then maybe, just maybe, a positive result could occur.
    keen to see a response to this, keep it on a level playing field fellas.

this post shows a commercial link of a fishing website posted by uripper so why isnt this person banned as per the rules of the chatboard?
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfis...42597418/45#45

#

Sportfish_5

The core of the problems at present I believe go back to one or maybe even two moderators who for whatever reason have an axe to grind with the banned members. Didn't we go through dramas like this last year when one supposedly quit as a moderator. Now that "Mod" is obviously back moderating all forums not just one via stealth mode as Mode # whatever.

Hey Derek

Im with you Foxy - there is a reason long term members have left or no longer post on Ausfish - but hey there are a lot of good forums around besides this one that people will chose if the current situation persists. I am sorry to say IMO the tone of your post here Derek makes people's decisions easier and I believe ultimatley you will cost Steve money in loss of sponsorship etc if this continues.

One more thing - if rules are rules then are you not breaking the very rules you rule to the letter by linking your campoven site ? Gee I am sure I saw something there about demonstrations and quotes - but rulez is rules hey - apparently

I'll probably cop a ban for this post which is fine if debate on this topic is to be stiffled.

Greg

I think the rule regarding links shows that under any circumstances Derek's is totally allowed;

"Links to Websites in Members Profile and Signatures -
    Only Non-Commercial Website links allowed in signatures, unless you are an approved advertiser. Websites must contain G Rated material. We reserve the right to remove a link from your profile as we see fit. "

After looking at Dereks site, I can find no evidence of a commercial website, but even so, it may be an advertisers website which is approved by Ausfish, so therefore doesn't oppose the rule as written above.

Good site too Derek

Geoff

Derek_Bullock

If you look at this site - http://www.ausfish.com.au/ozfish.shtml you will see that my banner is an approved one by Ausfish.

Derek

Does the website you are linking to have advertiseing Straightshooter?

Maybe thats why it is being removed.

I figure that "non commercial" would mean as long as no one is making profit from it then it would be ok.

NO ADVERTISING

#######.COM IS A NON PROFIT WEBSITE