Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How do I upload my own personal picture (Avatar)

Re: How do I upload my own personal picture (Avata

bump

Hey

i wanna upload a picture and i went to my profile and i canet find where it says upload my avator
    Brisbane.

imported_admin

Have given up on the tech that was working on this.

Have another person working on it, they have quoted 7 to 10 days

As Steve said if you can find a free host you only need to link to the relevant URL on the Options section of your profile. Admittedly I have my own domain so it's a bit easier than using Imageshack .
    Regards
    Geoff

al-straddie

Sorry to bug you steve, is there any progress/update on this. :question

cheers.....

Where is this section?
    Upload your own Avatar.
    There is no such section.
    Only a drop down box in the first section.
    Then the second section reads http
    What do you do if you don't have your own web page?
    Am I going blind?
    Please help me on this one?
    Cheers
    Rose

al-straddie

Hi Rose,

I got bored of waiting for the glitch to be fixed, so this is how I got around it.

1. create avatar photo and save in a easy to remember place(must be less than 20kb, and 110 pixels wide)

2. open your browser(second one) in a new window. ie one for ausfish and one with your home page.

3. log onto # http://users.imagevenue.com/host.php in the second browser window# and register, create your own folder, and upload your avatar to this folder. This site is free for hosting your photos

You may not need to register, but by doing so and createing your own folder, it's much easier to find your photo.

4. once done, you'll have a screen that gives you links for different tasks. Copy url for photo, not the one for posting on a forum. Third option down I think.

5. in ausfish open your profile to the modifly page. Tick the box for "I have my own pic". in the space provided delete "http//", #then paste the URL in the space.

6. at bottom of page click "change profile" and vola. # . Go to where you have posted before and refresh page. You should now see your pic in your profile.

If I've stuffed up somewhere or you are having problems, just PM me, only too happy to help(can't go fishin in this gale)

cheers .......al

Just guessing here, but I'm assuming that if you were to go and make yourself a free dynamic ip addy at somewhere like no-ip.com and run duc each time your ip address changed that you could host a picture on your local computer.

al-straddie

Ammendum To Above Instructions

Step 4 is erronous

When you initially upload photo you get a page with 4 links on it. copy and paste the last link ( Direct link to your photo ) into your profile page.

If you login latter, and open the "get link code" you need the last link. Currently it is not displaying correctly, showing a box with a cross in it. Click on box (this opens a new page) then copy the URL in your address bar and paste into profile as per previous.

Sorry to have caused frustration

If anyones trying to do this and having problems just PM me, and I'll try to help

cheers.....al

LUMOX

have gone into my profile but cant find where it says up load my own avatar?

Any Update on this?
    Cheers
    Don.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sorry Bar Steed, your information has been most helpful to date in trying to get a pic of my boat up as the avatar but the frustration of being unsuccessful is killing me........Think I should just give up and go fishing instead!

This is the message I got when I put the new web address in the slot

"There are invalid Characters in your personal Memberpic url or picture name."

and this is the link I used

img37.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc256&image=th_24038_Australian_Fishi ng_Forums_Avatar.jpg

I'm @ a complete loss.......being technological inept probably doesnt help.

Can u advise me of where i'm going wrong?

Many Thanx Coonta

imported_admin

Hi

Doesn't like the ? or & or both in the URL as these can be used to run scripts as as a security measue are blocked.

I have saved the pic and uploaded it to the server and put it in your profile for you

Many thanx 4 that. Was driving me mad > trying to get it right

Regards
    Coonta

LUMOX

do i need a web page to get my avatar from?