Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How do I upload my own personal picture (Avatar)

Re: How do I upload my own personal picture (Avata

Doesn't work for me either, the link to other sites has never worked, I'm over it now. I was able to upload a pic though, but not avatar, 'shrug'.

I still cant get this to work, have tried file sizes from 19kb down to 4kb, I dont know what I am doing wrong. I have done what is specified but when I click on options page after choosing pic, nothing is saved?

imported_admin

Are you clicking on the "Change Profile" button at the bottom of the page once you select the file/pic ?

Bossman tried for hours read all previous posts relating to this cant get it to work
    I am a fisherman,it's not something I merely do,it is who I am! Fishing is not simply my escape,it is where I am supposed to be,it is not a place that I go, But a life long journey I am taking, it is a passage that was shown to me and that I will continue to show to others. When you understand all of this, you will then know me and we will fish together.

Mate, I am glad I am not the only one having problems doing this. I am having more trouble than Flash Gordon!!

It is not because of internet explorer as I have tried all of these instructions with Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox.
    I have tried three different computers with no luck.

What is really frustrating, is that it worked once! I had a picture up there, but I wanted to change it for a picture of my boat...

I wish I could get some help with this...

Mr. Moderator, here is the picture that I want as my Avatar, Could you pleaseeeeeee help me???

Cheers,
    Lunatic.
    "Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore." -- André Gide

Quote Originally Posted by lunatic
    Mate, I am glad I am not the only one having problems doing this. I am having more trouble than Flash Gordon!!

It is not because of internet explorer as I have tried all of these instructions with Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox.
    I have tried three different computers with no luck.

What is really frustrating, is that it worked once! I had a picture up there, but I wanted to change it for a picture of my boat...

I wish I could get some help with this... #

Mr. Moderator, here is the picture that I want as my Avatar, Could you pleaseeeeeee help me???

Cheers,
    Lunatic.
    Uploaded it for you.
    Regards

mod5

Quote Originally Posted by madmackrel
    Bossman tried for hours read all previous posts relating to this cant get it to work
    Uploaded it for you
    Regards

mod5

thanks mate!
    "Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore." -- André Gide

sorry mate, that was the old one...

Could I be a massive pain and get this one???

thanks a lot mate!

Thanks mod 5 greatly appreciated.
    I am a fisherman,it's not something I merely do,it is who I am! Fishing is not simply my escape,it is where I am supposed to be,it is not a place that I go, But a life long journey I am taking, it is a passage that was shown to me and that I will continue to show to others. When you understand all of this, you will then know me and we will fish together.

R_K_HILL

When should you hit "shift Refresh"? After you have clicked make changes?

R_K_HILL

Having some major troubles..
    This is the photo I want as my personal pic..

Doing everything right but its not working!

(Actually cant even get it to load up Here!)

There is nothing wrong with the program and the upload avatar is working. Thought I would reproduce this from the first post for everyone.

To display your own personal pic (Avatar) the pic must be less than 20kb in file size and no more than 110 pixels wide. If it is wider than 110 pixels it will be resized and may not look as good as you intended it to.

Read this post on how to resize your image.
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfis...num=1075561453

Avatars must be G Rated, we reserve the right to remove any we feel inappropriate for the chat boards.

Images subject to copyright can not be used. In otherwords, if you do not own the image you can not use it.

Go into your profile by clicking on the Profile button in the top menu. Then click on the Modify tab, you will then need to enter your password inthe box provided and click on Confirm Password.

Once you are in your profile click on the Options Tab.

Then select the tickbox next to "Select checkbox if you choose Personalized Picture accessible from another server, or upload from you PC"

Then click on the Browse button to select the image you wish to upload from your PC.

NOTE - image can only be .gif, .png, .jpg or .jpeg and must be under 20Kb

File extension must be in lowercase.

Then click on "Change Profile"

Your avatar should now be set.

If your old avatar is still displayed it would probably be due to the fact you are using Internet Explorer (IE). IE will Cache the original avatar on your computer. You will need to Refresh your browser to force it to load the new pic/info from the server. Sometimes you need to hold the Shift key down while you click on Refresh to force it to load the new pic.
    Regards

mod5

R_K_HILL

All's good now, just went to a different computer!