Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How do I upload my own personal picture (Avatar)

Re: How do I upload my own personal picture (Avata

Hi guys, is there any progress on working out the avatar issue?

Just checking if the photo i tried to attach worked

Sweet

imported_admin

This feature is now working again.

To display your own personal pic (Avatar) the pic must be less than 20kb in file size and no more than 110 pixels wide. If it is wider than 110 pixels it will be resized and may not look as good as you intended it to.

Read this post on how to resize your image.
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfis...num=1075561453

Avatars must be G Rated, we reserve the right to remove any we feel inappropriate for the chat boards.

Images subject to copyright can not be used. In otherwords, if you do not own the image you can not use it.

Go into your profile by clicking on the Profile button in the top menu. Then click on the Modify tab, you will then need to enter your password inthe box provided and click on Confirm Password.

Once you are in your profile click on the Options Tab.

Then select the tickbox next to "Select checkbox if you choose Personalized Picture accessible from another server, or upload from you PC"

Then click on the Browse button to select the image you wish to upload from your PC.

NOTE - image can only be .gif, .png, .jpg or .jpeg and must be under 20Kb

File extension must be in lowercase.

Then click on "Change Profile"

Your avatar should now be set.

If your old avatar is still displayed it would probably be due to the fact you are using Internet Explorer (IE). IE will Cache the original avatar on your computer. You will need to Refresh your browser to force it to load the new pic/info from the server. Sometimes you need to hold the Shift key down while you click on Refresh to force it to load the new pic.

Test

105 pixels wide and 9kb in size but still won't work. Should the path to the file stay once saved?

imported_admin

Make sure you click on "Change Profile" at the bottom of the page so the file is uploaded and saved.

Test2

was choosing the change profile button at the end but still doesn't seem to work. The browse text box doesn't seem to keep the path info.

imported_admin

Just changed mine 3 times and worked fine.

The only time it failed was when I purposely did not click on the "Select checkbox if you choose Personalized Picture accessible from another server, or upload from you PC" check box.

After you click on change Profile you will be sent to the PM Preferences page.

Go to the Options page again, do not use the back button, click on the Options Tab.

You should now see that the "Select checkbox if you choose Personalized Picture accessible from another server, or upload from you PC" tick box is ticked and the path to your avatar is now set in the "Specify a web path (ex: http://www.mypage.com/mypic.gif) to your own image." box.

There will be a URL in there that looks something like
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/image...atars/CamH.jpg

TEST
    Give a man a fish and feed him for a day , teach a man to fish and feed him for life .

TEST
    Give a man a fish and feed him for a day , teach a man to fish and feed him for life .

I did everything right but it doesnt seems to work .it says its 0 kilobyte too big .the picture is 19 kb on the disk
    help
    George
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

imported_admin

The file will show as 19k but will actualy be 19,xxx. When this is then uplaoded in Binary mode via the Internet it will read over 20k.

Just reduce the size of the file a bit and all will work fine

Cannot load avatar or pictures tried a hundred times , norton on and off, picture size is ok, jpg, ticked box, browse, in browse box comes up location of picture ie. "my pictures/my documents/desktop/ausfish folder"change profile no result . I also can never be "redirected' I am no Bill Gates so if there is a reply make it simple.
    Take photos and memories leave only footprints, respect the enviroment when 4 wheel driving , never be too busy to help out someone in need.