Thread: What exactly is general chat ???

What exactly is general chat ???

Can someone give me a clear and decisive definition of the acceptable content for general chat ?

Its very annoying to see threads continually moved, in fact it does detract from the site in a big way. It ruins my time here, having to chase around looking to read a thread that was under way.

Cheers
    James

Re: What exactly is general chat ???

Have been a bit confused about this sometimes too. Seems that sometimes good topics get moved to the test board for no apparent reason.
    For example I don't see the difference between recent posts such as "stuck at work" and I'm back" which have been moved to the test board and "newbie" and "i'm coming up on holidays " which have been left on the general board.
    SOme clarification would be good
    Kev

imported_admin

As stated on the main index page

General Fishing Chat
    For general fishing related chat.
    Please only post in here if your post is fishing related and does not suit one of the other 22 chat board categories

Hence why a ost like this hould not be in General Chat and was moved to Chat Board & General Internet Info & Help

Yes Kev, is is very annoying when people keep posting in the wrong section. Iget compaints from Memebrs every day abot people posting in the wrong section. This is just what was posted in General Fishing Chat so far today that had to be moved.

What exactly is general chat ??? - Moved to Chat Board info & help

how do others wash there boats - Moved to Boating

River Fire - Late report - Moved to test board, nothing to do with General Fishing.

im back - Moved to test board, nothing to do with General Fishing.

Stuck at Work - Moved to test board, , nothing to do with General Fishing.

lets go broncos - Moved to test board, nothing to do with General Fishing.

Craziest thing U seen happen on the road? - Moved to test board, nothing to do with General Fishing.

Most chat bards the post is either deleted if it is in the wrong section. Some move it but do not leave a link in place showing it has been moved. Maybe we should just adopt that practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish
    As stated on the main index page

General Fishing Chat
    Please only post in here if your post is fishing related and does not suit one of the other 22 chat board categories

Hence why a ost like this hould not be in General Chat and was moved to Chat Board & General Internet Info & Help

Yes Kev, is is very annoying when people keep posting in the wrong section. Iget compaints from Memebrs every day abot people posting in the wrong section. This is just what was posted in General Fishing Chat so far today that had to be moved.

What exactly is general chat ??? - Moved to Chat Board info & help

how do others wash there boats - Moved to Boating

River Fire - Late report - Moved to test board, nothing to do with General Fishing.

im back - Moved to test board, nothing to do with General Fishing.

Stuck at Work - Moved to test board, , nothing to do with General Fishing.

lets go broncos - Moved to test board, nothing to do with General Fishing.

Craziest thing U seen happen on the road? - Moved to test board, nothing to do with General Fishing.

Most chat bards the post is either deleted if it is in the wrong section. Some move it but do not leave a link in place showing it has been moved. Maybe we should just adopt that practice.
    I'm with you boss. Say the word and I will start deleting them because its a nuisance having to keep moving things to keep the boards as they should be.

What more it isnt just General Chat. Most of the Boards have things posted on them that shouldnt be there. Even the new categories in the For Sale section get posts in them that shouldnt be there.
    Regards

mod5

Steve maybe "General Chat" needs to be renamed "General Fishing Chat"

I have noticed though that "Joke of the Day - Please keep them G rated" manages to survive in teh General section.

Cheers,
    Scott
    What other people think about me is not my business: Michael J Fox.

imported_admin

Quote Originally Posted by SgBFish
    Steve maybe "General Chat" needs to be renamed "General Fishing Chat"

It is, see main page http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi

General Fishing Chat

Just a question. So why to newby posts stay in the general section? They are introducing themselves as new members which is fine but it doesn't have anything to do with general fish chat does it? Shouldn't they go to the test board as well? Just another 2 cents worth.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

imported_admin

Quote Originally Posted by Poodroo
    Just a question. So why to newby posts stay in the general section? They are introducing themselves as new members which is fine but it doesn't have anything to do with general fish chat does it? Shouldn't they go to the test board as well? Just another 2 cents worth.

Poodroo
    No

If you do a search on past posts you will see that this subject has been discussed over the years. Have a read through some of those posts if you need clarification, save having to answer the same question over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish

If it does not have anything to do with fishing then it is not "For general fishing related chat" or if it is more related to a category that already exists it should be posted in that section.

If it is moved or deleted then it shouldn't have been there.

Posts such as a new member introducing themselves are allowed. The occasional dad announcing the birth of his new baby are left at the discretion of the moderators.

We can not always read all posts and some posts may be missed and left in a section when they should have been moved. Some posts are borderline are left, moved or deleted at the discretion of the moderators.
    I remember Ausfish posting this last year. Things haven't changed.
    Regards

mod5