Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: a whinge

Re: a whinge

Yes I got a smack on the back side when I was young, but today you can find your self in court. If one of your children run,s off to school and say,s,
    my daddy smacked me, all hell could break loose. But I do understand what your saying, and I was not having a go at you or your missus.
    I to work, and I come home tired hot and bothered, but I know there,s four little people and a teenager, with a whole days full of things to tell me, so we all sit together and talk it all through for up to an hour or so, even thou Iam at my wits end. And to tell them they done so well, their
    all reved up for the next day. I allways say, I will pay a worker, so if they have kicked a goal at school, and done the right thing, they get paid. cash. and if they one of them falls a little short, they dont get paid.
    Mate! life tough!
    But this is all very draining. I beleve what you put in, is what you get back, Its 50\50 all the way. And you cant get fair,a than that.

All the best, and merry chrismas.

signed tunaman

Pay your kids to do the right thing? Not in my neck of the woods,there is a level of conduct that is acceptable and one that is not,growing up my kids knew cross that line and they were the ones who paid.

Folks you'll find the law does recognise discipline vs flogging.As far as hitting your kids go I would rather whack my kid on the butt to demonstrate putting your hand in the fire is dangerous than seeing them burn themselves.Children need to learn about the world and some mistakes are permanent.
    As far as teachers go,they would have more time to teach if they didn't have to supply an amazing number of the pupils with breakfast.Last I heard that was a parents job
    And smilies are a great option used sparingly [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
    Fear and Intimidation worked for my parents and in all honesty I'm grateful to them.I wasn't worried about the cops or teachers BUT they might tell my mum.

Well, we all have ways of bring up our children and I dont think any-one has the right way of doing it. To have a child fear you is not good. True, they must know who,s boss, but IMO, communication and mateship is the way to go.

signed tunaman

so tuna...if one kid breaks another's toy, you then break one of theirs.....hmmmmmmmmmmm...and who pays to replace both toys? You ? That does not make too much sense to me.

You also pay your kids if they do the right thing? Doing the right thing is the accepted norm...not something that gets monetary reward. You do the wrong thing, you get punished...simple rules of society.

About Emonicons (Smilies)... Occasional one is alright, though I agree I don't like seeing lots of them in a post. These new Santa Type ones however are driving me crazy... Steve you created little monsters!

Abbreviations... I get alot of it, and I mean alot! Emails, MSN, whatever... Sick to death of it. I use to get plenty of the crap on my previous mobiles I owned, which both ended up in the drink. Don't own a mobile, and I don't care for one... Bugger all reception here anyway, unless your a flash bastard and you own a 'Next-G' gizmo. It's these Suit Dressed, Flash Car'd and Mobile Phoned pricks that come out our way that get shot at!

Getting onto schools and teachers... here at my the High School I attend (Atherton State High), we have what is called the RTC - Responsible Thinking Classroom. Here's how it is works... If you are a teacher and you have a dissruptive student in your classroom, you have the '5 Question process'. 'What are you doing, What are you suppose to be doing', What are you here at school for, Where will you be if you do it again, Do you want to be here'. If you are hit with this process once, you are on your first warning. Twice, and your out of there! To the RTC it is.... Where you are seated in a classroom with other kids from other classes and year levels. You must fill out a plan, that is signed by the teacher on duty and you must negotiate with your teacher that sent you within a certain time frame. Fair process? I think so. However, there are those 'Cool', rebelious kids that will constantly get sent to the RTC and brag about it. They will sit in the RTC lesson after lesson, and eventually the Deputy or Principal will come in and Suspend him - Just what the bloody kid wants! Chances are he will sit at home and play the friggin X-Box and eat cake!

Thought it was relevant... Sorry if it is not! 2am in the morning, brain wants to go to sleep, body does not!
    TT

So head, you can read. That was just an example, Let me make it simple
    for you. If you dont like it done to you, dont do it to others. And when it comes to paying for their school grades, it does work well.
    Let me make it simple for you again, How would you feel if you worked all day, and you got nothing for it. I asked my son that just lasted week, and he said, that sucks. They will beleve went get older, if I work, I,ll get payed. The words called insentive. They all want new stuff, and I,ve shown them a way to get it.
    So many FOYDH. . There! is that better.

signed tunaman

Quote Originally Posted by tunaman
    So head, you can read. That was just an example, Let me make it simple
    for you. If you dont like it done to you, dont do it to others. And when it comes to paying for their school grades, it does work well.
    Let me make it simple for you again, How would you feel if you worked all day, and you got nothing for it. I asked my son that just lasted week, and he said, that sucks. They will beleve went get older, if I work, I,ll get payed. The words called insentive. They all want new stuff, and I,ve shown them a way to get it.
    So FOYDH.

signed tunaman
    great comment tuna..I wonder if your kids read this site and see how dad behaves...or perhaps some other junior members..a great example.

working for someone and getting paid is hiring out your skills to the employer.
    kids should not have to hire themselves out to achieve results in growing up....they should be taught affection, to be charitbale to others less fortunate when they can, respect, obey the rules of society, diligence in every task they attempt and seek to be productive members of society...these things cannot be bought...they are instilled by the adults they come into contact with in their formative years..not just parents but other relatives..friends and their families and teachers etc.
    They should also be taught that if they break rules then there is punishment ie jail.
    As for working all day and getting nothing for it..I have done that and will do it again..and when done for those less fortunate it gives a great deal of satisfaction.

finga64

Whats FOYDH???.
    gees I'm an old fart

TT, that is a grand scheme. I am actually going to pass that on to the squeeze, might help her later on. At least that way the kids that are there because they have to be don't wreck it for the ones that want to be there. Everyone has their own ideas on raising kids, each to their own, my little fella will not turn out to be a feral, I will make sure of it.

As far as FOYDH goes, if it means what I think it does, all credibility is lost. There is nothing respectable, moral or ethical that gives a person the right to shoot down another person for their opinions.

If this is the case (and I stand corrected if I have got FOYDH wrong), maybe some people could take a lesson of their straight A children and start to treat people with the respect that everyone deserves until they prove otherwise.

I'll make it simple....... you get respect when you give respect, maybe some should try it!! I am not a regular poster but sometimes the urge is too strong.

Rant over.

good one ShaneC a good whinge gets you in the Christmas spirit huh! thats why I sarted this, love a whinge when you feel you just HAVE to say something!

finga64

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneC
    As far as FOYDH goes, if it means what I think it does, all credibility is lost. There is nothing respectable, moral or ethical that gives a person the right to shoot down another person for their opinions.

If this is the case (and I stand corrected if I have got FOYDH wrong), maybe some people could take a lesson of their straight A children and start to treat people with the respect that everyone deserves until they prove otherwise.

Rant over.
    So how did all that get down to FOYDH??

I was trying to make up some phrases that fit and there was some doosies.
    One was f%#* off you d---head. But I gather that was really, really wrong. I hope that is wrong??
    I wouldn't say that to a person I knew let alone someone I didn't know personally
    If I had a guess at the right meaning then shame on you matey. Nobody here deserves that.
    Oops, should I write that??
    Someone tell me if I can't eh #

Finga, I am sure that it is "Finga Oh You're Delightfully Helpful"

Surely someone who has such far reaching and high level moral grounds couldn't mean anything else.

I am not trying to stir, but sometimes a bee in the bonnet can really get the motor running. I am turning into my old man Back to the point, do you like my smilies?????

finga64

I'm just trying to find out what FOYDH literally means or what I should have asked is what is it short for??
    Never seen that one before.
    A lot of these abreviations mean absolutely nothing to me and i would like to find out what they stand for.
    Not wanting to stir trouble. I just don't like misunderstandings that's all.
    I like yours better ShaneC

FOYDH means, Funny opinions you do have. Maybe I should of put a smiley on the end. But theres all a lesson in whats above.
    Dont jump to conclusions. Tunamans never said f--k off to any-one, EVER
    and you should know me by now. But it all goes to prove one thing, we all have different opinions when raising our children.

Oh, and I didnt get offended.

Just one more thing, you all may have heard of the phrase. To dangle the carrot in front of the donkey.

signed tunaman