Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recreational fishing management

Re: Recreational fishing management

Ya pushing sh*t up hill darl if ya don't have the backing of the numbers.....as great and relaxed as us Qld'er are, we are too relaxed when it comes to things being done for our benefit or for the benefit of the furture....good luck sweetheart, u have my support.

I will also try and help with the knowledge I gained through the shooting lobby/ gun reform.

Juicy

A while ago I joined the Fishing Party.

If we wish to put up an adequate fight against the Anti-Fishing groups I would like to suggest to others that perhaps it is in their best interests, and the best interests of our chosen sport to also join.

Louis

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

Politicians in government are surprisingly motivated by "one on one" conversations. If you can get some time with your local representitive, who is hopefully in government, and express your concerns in "sound bites" you may have more influence than you think. You could go to the opposition or an independent and you will get their time but they will probably use your cause for their benefit and as usual in politics, each side slags off at the other party's stance regardless of merit, your cause will be lost.

I'm suggesting you make an appointment with your local rep - it's easier than you think - or go to one of their many "openings" and cuddle up to them with a cup of tea.

Only if you can be bothered, of course.

Hi thumps,

your first email got deleted because it looked like spam. I have just responded to your second one.

This organisation can and is making an impact...albeit a small one and as it grows we will make more impact.

We currently have solid representation in the North and now branches on Bribie and Hervey Bay....interest in the SE is growing as the issues like area closures are starting to impact.

Have a good look over the web site and we can communicate more in the next few days.

Apathy is our main enemy, but, bit by bit, a few people are putting their hands up to do some work and it is paying dividends.

Regards

KC

Derek_Bullock

Hi

I think many of you know that I am a former Public Servant of 30 odd years. The Department of Corrective Services that I worked for was attached to a number of different Ministerial Portfolios with dozens of different Ministers however the public servants running the Department never changed. In fact at one time we were under the Minister for Tourism, Welfare and Sport.

What I am saying is that even if Recreational Fishing was attached to another portfolio such as Tourism with a different Minister, the current public servants would go with that Department to the new portfolio and you would still have the same people running it.

In that scenario, nothing other than a new name would be likely to change.

What, in my opinion, is needed is a strong medium such as The Fishing Party, supported by each and everyone of us to tackle the issues we think are important to recreational fishing.

Cheers.

Derek