Thread: Moreton Bay More Green Zones

Moreton Bay More Green Zones

Hi

Heard on the radio that some groups have plans to significantly increase the green zones in Moreton Bay (up to 50% I think was the figure quoted!!) .

Now I don't want to unnecessarily alarm people, and I have no direct knowledge on this matter and don't know if it is green groups just flying a kite. Not much info on the net as far as I can find. Has anybody got any more information about any proposals to increase green zones in the bay.

Whichway

Re: Moreton Bay More Green Zones

this topic was put on the General Chat board less than a week ago

The amateurs are screaming to protect the environment from the Pros, and the Greens are screaming to protect the environment from the Amateurs. From a purely environmental point of view, the Greens argument cant be faulted. From a practical point of view, there needs to be a balance to manage a permanently sustainable fishery for everybody. And "everybody" means --everybody, not just people with boats who like to sportfish, but including the little old Grannies who depend on Pro-fishermen to deliver reasonably priced local catch so they too can enjoy a feed of fresh local fish now and again.

BAIT_MAN

witchway
    All the info you need is here.
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfis...cgi?board=News

Derek_Bullock

Quote Originally Posted by whichway
    Hi

Heard on the radio that some groups have plans to significantly increase the green zones in Moreton Bay (up to 50% I think was the figure quoted!!) .

Now I don't want to unnecessarily alarm people, and I have no direct knowledge on this matter and don't know if it is green groups just flying a kite. Not much info on the net as far as I can find. Has anybody got any more information about any proposals to increase green zones in the bay.

Whichway
    Hi Whichway

Can you let us know what radio station and about what time. Interesting that this is now all coming to light although behind closed doors we expect deals are already being done.

Derek

BAIT_MAN

Derek

KC was on the raido with Dave on 4bc this morning at 7:10am

BAIT_MAN

Sorry Derek

That was 6:10am

Derek_Bullock

Thanks