Thread: Any ideas/takers?

bidkev

Any ideas/takers?

See my post in this thread:

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfis...m=1143089567/0

If a pressure group was to get up and running with a spokesman more versed on the issue, I would be prepared to help out in whatever way I could.

kev

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he isn't; and a sense of humour to console him for what he is

Re: Any ideas/takers?

Well Kev, fire away.

To get more versed isn't as hard as it sounds.

You can contact the DPI...Fisheries and get the info you require.

Terry Healy

terry.healy@dpi.qld.gov.au

Terry is the Recreational Fishery Manager, and should be able to direct you to the department and information you need.

That is a start, from there you trawl ( no pun intended ) the web.

Keep posting info you recieve and others will follow up with you.

CHeers Phill

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Barrymundi

Hi Kev,

Where are you?

Al

g'day kev, i'm in strathpine, and will help where i can

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill
    Well Kev, fire away.

To get more versed isn't as hard as it sounds.

You can contact the DPI...Fisheries and get the info you require.

Terry Healy

terry.healy@dpi.qld.gov.au

Terry is the Recreational Fishery Manager, and should be able to direct you to the department and information you need.

That is a start, from there you trawl ( no pun intended ) the web.

Keep posting info you recieve and others will follow up with you.

CHeers Phill

Thanks for the addy Phill. I am not about to go off half-cocked on this as I think I need to be armed with as much info regrading environmental damage etc, as I can. I shall research and keep the group posted.

kev

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by
    your inferiors.

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by Alan TSV
    Hi Kev,

Where are you?

Al

Bracken Ridge

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by lippa
    g'day kev, i'm in strathpine, and will help where i can

Cheers lippa. The ball is rolling.

kev

One time a windshield wiper will work properly is when it is holding a parking ticket.

bidkev

Before pursuing this further I would appreciate an arrival at consensus amongst the members as to an adoption of the best approach.

Would it be more profitable for me to focus my attention on the Pine River in particular as that is the area I am more conversant with and due to the fact that I am more likely to garner suppost locally, both from local rec fishers and my local councillor? Isn't it better to "nibble at the edges" and then if we succeed to help possible groups in other areas to use us a template?

Is it likely that we could garner more support by treating this as a national issue or would that likely be too much for any (young) pressure group on this scale to handle? Would it be better if we could all concentrate on our own areas and liase and pool info? ie someone local take up the issue of the Logan?

Is there anyone who would like to do this at this stage or would it be better to solely concentrate on the Pine and if any successful outcome is acheived, to then use that outcome as a lever in other areas?

I would welcome any help on this matter as I think that this issue is of much importance to us.

kev

One unable to dance, invariably blames the unevenness of the floor.

Hi Kev
    Some may say its selfish, I believe if you look after your own backyard first is the way to go.
    Firstly as you have rightly pointed out "you know it better"
    Second To bring change to a small area takes less resources and its easier to stay focused.
    And if you achieved measured results in one area other people/areas will take up the baton after being inspired by your results.
    best of luck to you Kev and I hope you acheive success
    cheers
    blaze

Be the benchmark! Good Luck& thanks in advance
    Any fishing is good fishing (should probably say Any fishing is...probably going to be illegal soon)

jim_farrell

Kev, target the pine. I'm from the gold coast so the pine does not effect me, however, I feel that if you target one area more pressure can be exerted on a single MP. Then a different ausfisher can pick up the ball in the next region.
    I hate to use PETA as an example but they knew better than to target all rec fisho's just heavy game.
    It would be a lot easier to collate info on a single system than multiple.
    Good luck mate. Just tell us what we can do.

keep it going kev, don't hesitate to contact me in regards to helping

bidkev

Thanks for your input lads. There is a Ping Waldo thread on general chat in which I am asking for input from pros and have posted my latest pieces of research.

kev

I asked for patience and God placed me in situations where I was forced to wait.