Thread: BATTLE BY FISHERS OVER ZONINGS ISN'T OVER YET

BATTLE BY FISHERS OVER ZONINGS ISN'T OVER YET

The Election may be done and dusted but that only means the next stage of the BATTLE begins !!!!

Contact your local State member in writing, stating your objections to the ad-hoc smokin'mirrors methodology used in the selection and placement of fishing zones and closures and want all zonings overturned until scientific result, meaningful consultation and of course majority agreement with All local groups takes place .
    You then state that as the elected representative for the area that your as an voter live in, you require them to write the "RESPONSIBLE MINISTER" namely the State Minister for the Environment, and organise a MINISTERIAL FORUM. Every request must be done individually as does every request from the local elected State representative to the Responsible State Minister who then must reply individually to the local elected state representative. The message will get through loud and clear if between 40000 to the reportedly 100000 petioners and protesters send individual requests.

Re: BATTLE BY FISHERS OVER ZONINGS ISN'T OVER YET

Too right on every point. I am going to be busy writing letters to everyone I can on the matter.

Regards
    Horny

Live every day as if it's your last - for one day you're sure to be right!

gif

This will be an 18 month battle.

TheAMCS and others have a 2 year headstart on us.

October 2004 I said M Bay is under threat and we need to start now. # # I could not get one person to work with me on it. # No one. # Time to start running hard guys.

Heavy sigh

TPFQ was formed early 2004 Gary, 21/2 years ago. I have been a member since the early days. My major contribution to the battle has been via TPFQ. More than one way to skin a cat.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

jeremy you had better be good at "skinning a cat",cause as a longterm member of THE FISHING PARTY QLD(TFPQ) you do them no service getting their abbreviated tital wrong,TWICE.

Tez