Thread: Re:Moreton Bay Closures on water

Re:Moreton Bay Closures on water

Hi all
    well the battle for Moreton Bay is far from over?? now is the time that we start to really get organized to show the Governements that we are not going to expect closures now or in the future and we must all stick together on this

By all i do mean Charter Boats, Trawlers, Boaties and fisho's alike, Tourism operator's Sea food, Tackle and Bait shops, D.P.I Fisheries and last but not least Mariners

we must some how pull them all together in one place at one time along with the writing of letters to all ministerial positions and we must get the Beattie government down on the water with all of us at one place in which to thrust this out.

this is one job were TFPQ can come in strong but in will also be up to us to help organise a weekend for this to be done.

Question for all so it will be put in place and in the right procedures input from all is needed for this to go off the right way and a friendly way.

we must let the goverment bodies no that we will not take the closures lying down and we must get the word out there to all concerned.

ok do we have someone out there that we could possibly organise printing for all the fliers that will be needed to place around the Bait and Tackle shops around mariniers seafood shops sent to Charters boat skippers and trawlers tourism industry, we will need the lot guy's for the government to get the message but also to get the word out there that the Government has had this on the burner for a while the same as they new the Election was going to be early.

if we sit on are hands and let it go by then we will only have ourselves to blame while we are all talking this is going by we have had one lot of action now to take it another step closer to home grounds both land and sea but also some where that will hold a lot of fisho's and people with families and invite them all

now lets start with the ideas from all this will include from KC, Shane, Gary Fooks, lets get this ball rolling on action not just talking about it and it will also be another way for the TFPQ to get known out there in public talking to the people in even be able to get up more steam and more involvement of candidates.

LET THE SUGGESTIONS FLOW guy and girls both young and old after all you younger ones are our future.

Cheers
    Steve

gif

Re: Re:Moreton Bay Closures on water

Steve

We need to be coordinated and not show us up to be a rabble. We need to show the public we are reasonable and responsible if we are to convince them.

We have lots of suggetsions but not enough following though the rhetoric.

There is the TFPQ and there is the Moreton Bay Access Allliance. Both are doing heaps of work.

did you miss the boat rally with 400 trailer boats?

WHAT YOU CAN DO TODAY

1 There is the Postcard campaign. Tell me who needs more. Guys - have you sent in one and got 10 others to do so too?

2 Also - have a look at my post on Ken Brown.

Not yet but After the new Ministers are settled then is the time to flood in letters - but thistime you have to get mates to send in one also. 99% of people are too lazy to do it - you have to make it happen.

Hi gary

no i did not miss the rally mate i was there to
    yes i agree we need to be organised and show sensibilities and not as rebels but if we sit on our hands mate we wil lose the fight and yes we need all the help the same as the above bodies need our help

Cheers
    Steve

keen_as_mustard

Gary,

i'm on the gold coast - where can we get these postcards from?

marty

Gary,
    Where can I get the postcards in Bundaberg??

Bye the way ....seems the sneaky bastards from George Street did a nice number up Cairns way as well,
    work colleagues mate was out fishing his usual spot only to get stung $1200.00 for fishing in a new green zone(became one as of 31 August 2006 no less and no maps available...sound familar !!!!!! )

gif

Postcards?

Commit to how many you will guarantee to get signed, and posted ( 50c stamp) and I will post them to you

Email me your address g.fooks@uq.net.au

Postcards are free you are iinvited to send me a postpack or stamps to subsidise our costs

Gary

jim_farrell

postcard in latest B n B i think.
    Jim