Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AMCS post objecting to our rally

Obi___Wan

Re: AMCS post objecting to our rally

Dissapointed in our rally are they? Well they can go to hell! Did they consult us and all the other stake holders when they suceeded in closing off vast areas of our coast line?

What in the name of God has the seal slaughter got to do with our rally? are they accusing us of being seal killers?
    I do not believe for one micro second that any of our members would support such a senseless act of stupidity.

They are saying that in two years some fish species have increased 60%?? this is not the story that i am getting from my contacts up North!
    I am told that nothing has changed, that the GBRMPA really made a great balls up of the whole thing, many areas had to be changed.

Several months ago i was talking to a Qualified Marine Biologist, who actually worked for the QLD Gov. for many years on the Reef recording fish species, numbers, movement and spawning times among other research. When the GBRMPA came into being he offered them all his research. It was rejected, why? because it did not support their aims and objectives to lock the reef up.

The lack of real scientific is a common thing with these people, not only in this state but in all the other states. I am told that the Greens will use people who are willing to make outlandish statements about conservation, if they are sucessful they will use them again, if they fail the Greens dump them.

There is room for conservation and fisherman but all claims must be backed by REAL SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH not crap and all reports should be available for all to see, not just some hairy armpited waste of fresh air and the mate who has a good grip on all things important up north.

A great result yesterday for fisherfolks and i believe if we have to do it again i reckon it will be ten times bigger.

I have a bit more to say about this but i am getting to striired up at the moment so i will come back later?

Cheers,
    John.

I heard an experienced fisherman who has been on many advisory committees was asked what he thought of the greenies. He said:

"They lie. When you point out they are lying they lie again. When you prove they are lying they just lie again. They just lie".

Obi___Wan

In a previous post i suggested that maybe we should all take a Greenie fishing.

Now i don't know why i said that? maybe it was my soft side coming out?
    [warnyel]Post edited. Please do not resort to such posts. I know we can all get emotional and pasionate about this but please keep it respectful and peaceful. Don't give them any statement they could use against you/us.

Thanks

Admin
    [/warnyel]

cHEERS,
    jOHN.

[warnyel]Post edited. Please do not resort to such posts. I know we can all get emotional and pasionate about this but please keep it respectful and peaceful. Don't give them any statement they could use against you/us.

Thanks

Admin
    [/warnyel]

Obi___Wan

TruBlu,

Good idea, i don't know if you could find a shark hungary enough, if you did how would the poor bloody shark get the taste out of its mouth?????

John.

[quote author=Obi _ Wan link=1157260064/15#15 date=1157277586]
    There is room for conservation and fisherman but all claims must be backed by REAL SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH

Agreed 100%. Most fisherpersons want to see a sustainable fishery. If it means closures, bag limits etc so be it. But they must be realistic and be based on something real, not somebodies ideal.

On the way to and from the rally, my daughter(9 years) was becoming more and more distraught about the prospect of the closures. What would we do on the weekends? What would they do with all the boats? And then the big one hit home. Would she ever be able to see/help her brothers (now 1 year old) catch their first fish???? This realistaion brought her very close to tears, so you can imagine the emotion in our vehicle.

Obi___Wan

Sorry Admin,

Grunter71,

I hope your's and everybody else's children and their children etc etc can enjoy the bay as much as we have.

Hope the little one is OK now.

Cheers,
    John.

Re AMCS objecting to the rally ...to bad so sad
    At least fishing folk are calling for scientifally substantiated findings, meaningful consultation with all affected stakeholders not just the backdoor deal brigade.

Unlike our State gov who disregarded this democracy concept, outlined above, or our Federal Government who dismissed the CSIRO findings as they didn't support their desired Green Vote outcome, the majority of fishers act responsibly.

The AMCS pitiful attempt to tag all fisher folk with the same tarbrush as the loser scum who shot the fur seals only serves to put them at the same level. Of the fishing fraternity I know and speak with regularly, all have stated their repulsion to this mindless act.
    It just goes to show that the AMCS is a bunch of zealots prepared to use whatever unsupported data, words, means or deception to get their way.

WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE SILENCED OR IGNORED

Maybe the next rally should target AMCS.

I think they have realised that you can only push someone so far before they push back > this bit gets up my nose

The reality is, the Bay is under threat from too many competing interests and impacts. On average 200 turtles and 15 dugongs die each year in Moreton Bay from human activities. Increasing population pressure, the drought and pollution are also taking their toll,” Bohm said.

I think steve you hit the nail on the head. Statistics show that 49.725% of all statistics are made up especially mr Bohms.

Under the ESP Act, ‘key threatening processes’ may also be listed. A key threatening process is a process that threatens, or may threaten, the survival, abundance or evolutionary development of a native species or ecological community. For listing purposes, the process must adversely affect two or more listed species or ecological communities (or be likely to cause native species or communities to become endangered

dugong (Dugong dugong)—nomination as a vulnerable species was rejected, however, its conservation status will be reviewed by the ESSS in 5 years; Might add that the population is increasing! There were two confirmed and two unconfirmed reports of dugong sustaining injuries from boat strike in 2005.10 November 2005: between the boat passage and St Helena Island, Moreton Bay; adult male drowned in tunnel net. Fisheries bycatch.

Ah hell can some one explain to me what this guy is going on about the more i went into it the more frustrated i got his stats dont add up and fully protected green zones have nothing to do with turtles and dugongs not in the sense he is implying unless all boats are banned from moreton bay. And ill quote him “Moreton Bay is Brisbane’s aquatic playground and is there for us all. It is important that we continue to access and enjoy all of Moreton Bay’s natural assets.

There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

I thought is was very relivent the comment about how rec fisherman are portrayed in the media eg BCF add, most of the fishing shows and some of the beer adds. It all adds up.

I though the same thing about the AMCS website what was the shooting of seal had to to do with Moreton Bay???

Hi All ,
    I just sent Mr Craig Bohm a letter I will try to attach.

Back again ,
    After I sent a email to Craig Bohm yesterday I am surprised to get a answer today from him BUT, If you now go to his article you will notice he has gone ahead and retracted most of his statement .
    He has pulled the bit about the seals and changed the rest of his statment taking out the bit he said the bay is there for all to enjoy.
    Maybe I hit a nerve .

Well done Bruce [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hi all
    it's about time some one sat him back on his ############

very well done

Bruce like most of them they do not like to be prove wrong and shot in the foot

Cheers
    Steve