Thread: THANK YOU to the Ausfish Community

BAIT_MAN

THANK YOU to the Ausfish Community

Hi All
    The Queensland Election is now done, and I believe The Fishing Party Qld put up a great fight. #Here in Cleveland we attained an 8% primary vote as first time new comers. #Not a bad result considering the Greens polled around the same and they have been at it for 20 odd years!
    I attribute a lot of our support to this forum where we have been allowed to openly discuss the positives and negatives of the political process along with the personal opinions of the very people TFPQ was created to represent. # With that in mind I wish to thank you all for your participation, and also Steve for allowing us to use his forum as a political sounding board. #This campaign has been a huge team effort in which you have all participated.
    Even though I was not able to post as often as I would have liked during the campaign, I read and followed your posts on a daily basis and the insight I gained was invaluable.
    So once again, a BIG THANK YOU to the Ausfish Community.

Regards
    Shane Boese

Re: THANK YOU to the Ausfish Community

Well put Shane and to add to your comments.

This site is so important to us as a sounding board. Thanks to those who partipated in all the debates. I do wonder of all the "new members" will still be interested when the dust settles.

The party owes Shane, Mike, Toddy & Steve a huge vote of thanks.

It is a brave man prepared jut stick out his chin into a howling gale and try to cross the bar.

These guys did. Always on a hidding to nothing.

They have made a point. The fishing vote is an 8% + vote and it is too big to be ignored.

Done good guys. I am just so proud to be a member of this party & so should everyone else. We achieved a significant result and now have our "Franklin Dam".

Regards

KC

Well let me say you're most welcome. I was too happy to lend a hand for as long as I could yesterday. I am glad that we ended up with a possitive result. I think we will be more and more noticed in the years to follow. Now that the dust is all settling it is time to get out there and fish again.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

I'm with Poodroo, anything we can do in the future to assist, you just let us know. The fight for the bay has only just begun. It will be a long haul and we are going to have to keep coming up with something new to keep the interest alive on an ongoing basis. I will be writing to Desley Boyle and asking her some fronk questions now that she cannot hide behind the fact they are "just a caretaker govt". I want to nail her down as to why AMCS had stated they had already done the deal on their website and if she claims it wasn't true what action she and the Government will be taking against them for posting lies.

Now we have the bull by the tail, we cannot let go.

Horny

Live every day as if it's your last - for one day you're sure to be right!

Sorry about my last post, Shane I meant initially to congratulate you on a well run campaign and on a good share of the primary vote for a first time run - it will only improve with your profile mate, cheeers
    Horny

Live every day as if it's your last - for one day you're sure to be right!

Stu

Congratulations Shane,

It was an absolute honour to work for you and the team on the day.

I hope Mitch has a very well earned break. Good on you mate you did a temendous job.

We made sure we explained to people about the closures so even if they didnt vote number one for us we generally got a preference from them. A lot more people are now aware of what is going on by word of mouth.

It was an interesting day and an incredibly satisfying experience. I would recommend it to everyone.
    Count me in for the next one.

It was just like fishing but instead of fish we trying to catch votes. # #

Cheers and best wishes to all.
    Stuart

SECRET_AGENT

Hey Shane.

You don't need to thank us, we all need to thank you and the other three Fishing Party candidates, for standing up for us Fishos.

I worked a polling booth for Peter Todd, and was so wrapped in the fact that he received an 11% primary vote.

Extra well done Peter Todd,

Cheers Don

I'm on the gold Coast and didnt have a condidate to vote for so i tried to minamise the fallout by not voteing labour or green.
    Cloud 9
    then it realy gets ughly

Once again congratulations Shane. For those who may remember me mentioning that I had an accident on my way home from helping out at Wellington Point doing my bit to help Shane Boese's campaign? Well there is a silver lining to the cloud as the saying goes and the mighty Pajero is back in action looking better than ever thanks to the expertise of the paint and panel shop here in Beenleigh. Now where the hell did I leave the fishing rod?

Regards,

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.