Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moreton Bay Fishing update from Andrew Laming MP

Re: Moreton Bay Fishing update from Andrew Laming

I always thought that bit was called a perinium?? Or sometimes chicken skin.

Sorry for making light of a serious conversation, I agree though, keeping it civil amongst ourselves is probably a good thing, last thing needed is for anyone to take the bat and ball and go home. Got a funny feeling this thing will need every bit of possible input and effort no matter how big or how small. Just my 10 cents worth (I value my own opinion higher than adamy does ).

Whoops, this one got a bit off track.

Derek is an invaluable source of information to everyone on this site. Being a moderator does not mean he should be bland an opinionless. Derek & I had our share of barnies in the early days and it actually helped in developing our public comments. Facts are important and everything we ever post here will one day come back to bite us on the bum if we are not accurate.

As to Andrew and discussions regards AMCS what should be acknowleged is Shane Boese is the one who deserves a lot of credit for dragging this issue kicking and screaming into the public arena. It also takes a pretty brave person to run in a seat with no realistic chance of winning....the old "hidding to nothing" clique. Yes Shane got this started as a TFPQ issue but the party is nothing without good people, people prepared to actually do some hard yards.

Derek has also been one of these people and so is Adam, just a pity they don't quite realise they are on the same bloody side

From our perspective we welcome Andrew's continued involvement. For those who critisise him as just trying to chase votes THat's his job...look after the issues of his electorate and hope that these people will then vote for him.
    The one thing Andrew can do is help keep this issue alive, kicking and in the public eye, just as we will, just as MBAA will, just as these type of chatboards and public forums will, just as fishing mags will......every bit helps and we are all doing this for the same reasons....to protect something....be it our jobs, our lifestyles, our businesses.same, same.

What everyone involved must acknowledge and be somewhat proud of is "we" (collectively) made this an election issue.

KC

Derek_Bullock

Classic stuff KC. If you remember correctly I started researching Marine Parks and closures to prove you wrong and ya bugger, I ended up convincing myself I was wrong.

No I haven't packed up my bat and ball and buggered off I just dont think this is worth pursuing anymore and I apologise Adam for taking it out on you.

I will shut up on this particular subject now though but finish by saying that I have not only researched the issues at hand but I have also researched the people behind it and one thing that really peeves me is people who misquote things and tell blatant lies and there are certainly a lot of them out there.

If there is one thing I have learnt and that is not to trust or necessaryily believe any politician. Mr Laming is in that bracket and in my opinion, and my opinion only, at the end of the day when it comes to the crunch he is no friend of TFPQ.

Derek

Hi all
    sorry guy's!! Derek by no means was the intent for you to just pack your bat and ball mate if this was the case then my post would have read some thing different if you read it states that your knowledge is one thing but you some times lack integrity like the rest of us

we are all here to help with every piece of the puzzle before it does come back and bit us in the A#s# and to do this we all need some one to whom can research this is invaluable and you do this well all we are asking is that remember we are here to help as well

all ideas no matter how silly they may seem are after all ideas!!

if i did offend you then i do apoligizes but the intent was to let you see we are here for every fisho not a i am better than you are Sh#t fight

Cheers
    Steve

BAIT_MAN

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Bullock

If there is one thing I have learnt and that is not to trust or necessaryily believe any politician. #Mr Laming is in that bracket and in my opinion, and my opinion only, at the end of the day when it comes to the crunch he is no friend of TFPQ.

Derek
    Derek

To date, Andrew Laming who incidentally is not only a politician, but is also a keen fisherman and active member of a local fishing club has done nothing to cause harm to TFPQ and his involvement in fishing issues has in fact raised the profile of the issue and the TFPQ. #

Whilst I understand that politicians in general have a reputation of being less than honest and forthcoming, I hesitate to tar Andrew with that brush and believe that a symbiotic relationship with him and his office may prove mutually beneficial.

Looking down the track to when TFPQ is a household name, do we want our integrity questioned by the very people we are trying to help?

Regards
    Shane Boese

Well worded Shane. Now I know why I was handing out those how to vote slips at Wellington Point for you. I also think we should all stop turning on each other and pool our energy and resources into being more creative to get the best possible result for TFPQ.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Bullock

No I haven't packed up my bat and ball and buggered off I just dont think this is worth pursuing anymore and I apologise Adam for taking it out on you.
    Derek
    No problems Derek... I wasnt taking it personally anyway.... sometimes I like a verbal stouch... its all good!

To everyone else... sorry for the hijacking... we will resume our normal programming in a moment

Adam

Keep up the good work derek. I didn't see anything wrong with your response.

I think poor old Adamy is being a tad defensive.

In regards to banning Laming from this site, where do I vote?

It is bad enough reading his bullshit he sends out in the local papers let alone having to get on my favourite fishing web site and read more of his bullshit.

Hey Greg... you stirring the pot again mate?? Sorry you're too late - this one has already run its course. But its OK - we'll do it again some other time.

Adamy,

Just saying it how it is.

By the way don't where you got Greg from?????????????????

Still interested in how I get the !@$%#^&! (laming)banned from this site.

So it's Greg heh, a check of the electoral roll should confirm.

Yeh sorry Hicksy... dunno what came over me - had you confused with someone else... didnt make it back here in time to mod myself... my bad!!

Hey visited your site the other day (rights at work) someone was saying how TFPQ got around 8% of the vote (where they entered candidates...) saying how that would equate to a senator in Canberra if they can pull off the same thing at the federal election... pretty cool huh?!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jim_farrell

". Mr lamming and other associated pollies, where have you gone or have you done your bit and reckon you've received some slaps on the back, and gained a few more votes, so you've now melted back into scenery.

As predicted Laming makes a big hoorah thinks he has won a few votes and goes into hiding. We definately can't rely on Laming for this fight, probably doesn't even know what a pilchard is. "

That was your quote a month ago hicksy. It would appear you asked him back.

Couldn"t help stirring the pot, It looked like it was about to boil over.

Jim

JIM,
    ONLY ONE OF THOSE QUOTES WERE MINE. THE BIT ABOUT HIM NOT KNOWING WHAT A PILCHARD WAS.

GELSEC,
    NOT SURE WHAT U MEAN BY THAT???????????????