Thread: goverment buy back

goverment buy back

hi guys
    as most of u know the goverment did a buy out of commwealth fish licences.there did buy a hep but...... they brought out 30 per cent of non active licences so how is this going to help........ also years ago they gave tasmania about 60 longline licence so they sold then to other fisherman so the goverment buys then back????????????? .out of ulladulla 7 licences was brought out of these 4 are non active so how is this going to help ???????
    job well done once again with the buys outs
    cheers
    fish

Re: goverment buy back

From what I've heard, it's not just happening in Ulladulla.

From the title I thought the government was about to take our rods as well as our guns.

Muzz

Yeah fishman7, that seemed to be a loop hole exploited by some pro's.
    It's typical though, the gov't thinks they can control the industry with endless regulations.

If they're not careful the same debacle will happen with the state fisheries, there are lots of unused endorsements out there.

This whole closures and buy-back episode is a shambles, they don't really have the fisheries in mind, they're just pandering to the 'Greens'.

muzz, imagine if they had a rod buyback the greens might suggest it.

regards
    Steve.

hussy

maybe there will be a boat buyback for s/e queensland fishos, then we take up another hobby,imagine the lifestyle changes that will occur if they do close large sections of the bay, all that will do is put more pressure on other places as we find new areas to fish,more pressure on roads as well. hubby

You're right hubby, we might all take up bushwalking say!!!! Then the bloody greenies would want all the bush to be no-go zones as well. Taking up shooting is out of the question as they will want all the bloody ranges closed too, no doubt. Can't take up reading books, kills too many trees. Can't take up 4WDing, they will want to close down all of the 4WD parks and public access areas. Can't take up religion, we would upset the minority groups and atheists. > > > > > >

We would have to take up something that would'nt hurt the environment, doesn't cost the earth, and something no bugger would care about us doing,mmmmm, we could take up greenie lynching...nobody would care about that!!!! Mind you, I wouldn't want to dirty my hands (fish scales and blood and guts is okay but greenie grime... yucky poo!!!) so I guess that it out as well.
    Horny

Live every day as if it's your last - for one day you're sure to be right!