Thread: Is it only moreton bay ?

Is it only moreton bay ?

After reading this i think there is more that they are not telling us

FROM Suzanne Pillans
    Centre for Marine Studies, University of Queensland, Brisbane

The research outcomes from my study (dual benefits) may also assist with further integration of marine conservation management and fisheries management in Moreton Bay by highlighting commonalities between the two management regimes, particularly in terms of what they hope to achieve and the benefits they both can accrue from marine reserves. In addition, with the Commonwealth Department of Environment and Heritage embarking on an initiative to prepare Marine Bioregional Plans, including a system of MPAs over Australia’s 14 million km2 ocean jurisdiction (which will eventually include the area offshore from Moreton Bay), my research outcomes may aid governments and stakeholders in that process.

There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Derek_Bullock

Re: Is it only moreton bay ?

Hi

Can you please let us know where this information came from. I have been expecting it but this is the first time I have seen it in print.

Cheers.

Derek

Derek

Instructions For Draftting The Policy Implication Summary . fifth one down

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...cr%3DcountryAU

Regards russell

There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

gif

October 2004, Fisheries Minister Ian MacDonald annnounced at the Recfish conference Canberra that the Government had Marine Protected Areas planned for all around Australia.

I was there. As was Sunfish and all the other bodies

Also Qld Govermnet ( EPA) plans to cover the entire Qld Coast ( see EPA web site)

Gary

"Marine Parks" where trawlers and oil exploration,etc. is not allowed ,is not directly related to BANNING of fishing for recreation.

analysis of "available" TAC or "methods" is not...imo....what recFishos are agin.

IT's the ZERO science [smiley=rifle.gif] used to "lockout/green-zone" areas that I AM against.

Derek_Bullock

Suzanne Pillans has rather outlandish views on conservation but shes a champion of the AMCS.

I remember that conference Gary. Slowly but surely they are working on it but as Gazza says this is more for the protection of the marine environment than banning fishing.

Derek