Re: Science behind the proposed closures

Quote Originally Posted by madmix
    Hey there Lefty,

what a hypocrit, #if it is to the right of centre and does not suit
    your personal opinion, then it is #CRAP, #the article in question
    has as much validity as the so called scientific reports used to
    shut down the barrier reef. #The same reports which were
    sponsered by extreme left wing groups such as #WWF, #I note
    these groups no longer have direct internet links to GBRMPA site.

So where do you want us all to stand???

If we all move to the left and adopt your ideologies, the world
    will quickly suffer from an extreme lentil shortage, or are you only
    a lefty green when it suits you.

Cheers #Mick
    I'm no hypocrite Mick. Those comments posted earlier are fairly extreme, wouldn't you say? Do you condone such comments? Do you believe them? Do you not think right wing extremists can be as bad as those on the left?

I am not affiliated with any conservation groups. I consider myself a little to the left but i am in no way extremist in my views. You should probably take the time to read some of my posts and you would then see where I stand about these closures. As for the lentil shortage - I've never eaten lentils and have no intention of doing so.

Once again, I am surprised that such comments would gain favour with people from this site. I thought that most people were blue collar workers with most being affiliated with the political left rather than the political right. Each to their own I suppose-thats what democracy is all about.

Lefty..what makes you think that blue collar workers are necessarily Labor Party supporters..you must have been around too many Union meetings...I can assure you that a hell of a lot of blue collar workers cannot stand Beattie and his cohorts...you also make an assumption that most people on this site are blue collars workers...having met a few they range from blue collar workers through to white collar workers, business owners and retired people...a full gamut of society really.

If you truly are a leftie green as your name implies...then what are you doing on here? To be on here you need to be using electricity..you know...the product that we get from burning all those nasty fossil fuels..shock horror..we'll all be rooned said Hanrahan.

My opinion of a radical left green is definitely an academic who really has no idea of the real world..sprouts constantly about what we shouldn't be doing but never comes up with any suitable alternatives..or whould we all have solar panels on our roofs..we know that does not work..maybe wind generators..another failure...NUCLEAR...you bewdy...let's build those power plants. The leftie greenie has too much time on his/her hands to be able to carry on with incessant dribble about what should be saved etc.

Gazza the pectoral fin thing is to stop recos selling their product. this legislation was brought in to stop shamateurs. That is recos doing the wrong thing.
    Lefty
    that shows why RFL's or closures AREN'T necessary or effective.....

and WHY Comms. keep logbooks

i.e. bag/size/pectoral-fin clipping, are changes that will work to 'manage' Fish-stocks

Hi again lefty,

So only blue collar workers are allowed on this site, is that right.
    So only blue collar workers are allowed to fish, is that right.
    Blue collar workers must be labor supporters, is that right.
    Labor supporters must lean a little to the left, is that right.

Have read plenty of your posts, and it is that sort of drivel
    that is pushing the everyday fisho, further and further to the
    right. So isn't it strange that the everyday Queenslander, from
    fisho to farmer, horseriders etc, is now fighting back.

TUG TUG got another bite.

No thats just lefty.

Cheers Mick

Mick get off your high horse. I thought that most people were blue collar workers is what I said - I didn't say that you had to be blue collar to be on this site.

How do you feel about whaling? or Steve Irwin and his efforts to conserve the environment?

Also what drivel?

Pinhead - read some of the previous posts and pull your head in

Righto lefty.

Whaling, what gives us Aussies the right to tell
    the Japanese what to do, considering it was the
    Australian whaling industry that decimated the
    Southern Hemisphere whale stocks in the first place.

Likewise what gives international groups such as WWF,
    Greenpeace, PETA, IUCN etc etc etc, the right to
    interfere in the policy making of Australian political
    parties. Don't think this is the case, well check out there
    charters. They fight against global corporatization and global
    economics, but push their own form of globalization.

I suppose you also wish to stop the Aboriginals from
    hunting and eating Turtle, Dugong, Kangaroo, emu, crocodile,
    etc etc etc.

By the way, how do you know my horse is tall.

Cheers Mick

I was just asking where you stand on this issue Mick. Do you condone the practice of whaling? I would like your opinion as a person that sits on the political right wing? Also you failed to comment on Steve Irwin's attempts to conserve the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty_green
    Mick get off your high horse. I thought that most people were blue collar workers is what I said - I didn't say that you had to be blue collar to be on this site.

How do you feel about whaling? or Steve Irwin and his efforts to conserve the environment?

Also what drivel?

Pinhead - read some of the previous posts and pull your head in
    If I have an opinion Lefty...I will make it...won't be pulling my head in son.

I will answer some of your questions...
    whaling..same as fishing..limit it and I cannot see a problem with it as long as the products are all used.

Steve Irwin..a manwith a passion for nature..a man that made millions from filming wild animals..spent a lot on buying land to leave the haitat alone for now..on the flip side..keeps animals in cages.

You made an assumption that most people on here are blue collar workers and then you don't like it because your assumption is wrong...typical of greenies..basing everything on incorrect assumptions..now who should be pulling their head in.

I cant speak for Mick.... except for his horse - which is exceedingly tall

But I dont think anyone would be "pro" whaling I think what we are is anti greenie, anti PETA, Anti - AMCS and pretty much anti everything that is extreme greenery. What we are for is sustainablity... But these extreme lefty greenie groups are pushing us further and further to the right.

Theres not many on this forum who would consider themselves extreme anything - we are just people who see our values and rights being eroded by the extreme left, insatiably green, vegan movement. They try and use "science" to support an unsupportable argument, they try to scare us into becoming vegans (eg mad cow disease and other scare tactics - see fishinghurts.com), failing that they are trying to legislate us into their way of life... as Mr Bohm says - to try and make it so it is not economical to pursue our interests - it will just be too hard and too expensive to go fishing so people will just give up.

Lefty... does that sound fair??... No it isnt! They arent motivated to save the whales or anything else, they simply want us to give up this omnivorous way of life.

Regards Steve Irwin... he was a REAL conservationist... not a rabid vegan! He never tried to stop anyone from throwing in a line.

Well Hello Lefty.

Again I will call you a hypocrite, as you only reply to parts
    of posts that suit you, but are apparently so concerned that
    I failed to state My opinion re Steve IRWINS conservation efforts.

Frankly I don't think My opinion of Steve IRWINS efforts, has
    anything to do with you or this thread, but if you were expecting
    a Germaine GREER style reaction, then think again.

As my horse is apparently getting taller, I will give you (Lefty)
    a brief insight into my views on Steve IRWIN. Firstly I would
    point out that I have never met Steve and therefore have no
    opinion of the man per-se, however in regards his conservation
    efforts I would point out that He purchased his own land for
    those purposes and to my knowledge did not lobby governments
    to stop me enjoying my rights to freehold tenure of my own
    property, nor did he lobby governments to lock my horse out
    of national parks, and I definately don't recall steve calling for
    me and my boat to be locked out of 33 % of the Barrier Reef.
    Therefore basicly I support his right to do what he wanted on
    his own land and he was fortunate enough to attain a level
    of wealth that permitted him to persue those aims on a larger
    scale than most can afford.
    As a television personality, I was not fussed on his over the
    top style and whilst not a fan I would say I preferred Malcolm
    DOUGLAS's style and possibly even Harry BUTLER's, but that
    is just my personal opinion.

cheers again Mick

Lefty ,you keep on spruking your BS ,and we'll just keep on shooting you down in flames

Mate ,I agree that whales shouldn't be hunted in Moreton Bay and Irwin can remove any Crocs swimming in Moreton Bay

Greenies like Bambi/Nemo ,good on 'em ,but I reckon they'd be tasty.

By the way Lefty

How do you think your assumptions of people on this site
    is holding up.

cheers Mick

whaling..same as fishing..limit it and I cannot see a problem with it as long as the products are all used Wow - you really stuck your neck out here!!! good for you

Steve Irwin..a manwith a passion for nature..a man that made millions from filming wild animals..spent a lot on buying land to leave the haitat alone for now..on the flip side..keeps animals in cages

Unbelievable!

How do you think your assumptions of people on this site
    is holding up

Mick i think my opinion has changed about the people on this site. I thought that most guys on this site would be a little green ie conserving fish stocks and the like. However when there are people on here who think whaling is ok then maybe I was wrong. I get the impression that the majority of people are a little green except when it comes to fishing rights and, particularly, closures.

I am certainly not trying to persuade people on here to change their views. Merely trying to convey another point of view from someone that is both a rec fisher and a conservationist. I can see there are a couple of guys on here that object emphatically with my point os view and thats ok. I dont see how I am a hypocrite.

I will say this - rec fishers are the minority. You can see that the conservation movement is strong - 100,000,000 people watched the memorial of a conservationist yesterday. criticising that person alienates alot of people these days. Best start thinking of ways of looking green even if you aren't eh fellas. 'nuff said.

Lefty

Quote Originally Posted by lefty_green

i think my opinion has changed about the people on this site. I thought that most guys on this site would be a little green ie conserving fish stocks and the like. However when there are people on here who think whaling is ok then maybe I was wrong. I get the impression that the majority of people are a little green except when it comes to fishing rights and, particularly, closures.

I am certainly not trying to persuade people on here to change their views. Merely trying to convey another point of view from someone that is both a rec fisher and a conservationist. I can see there are a couple of guys on here that object emphatically with my point os view and thats ok. I dont see how I am a hypocrite.

I will say this - rec fishers are the minority. You can see that the conservation movement is strong - 100,000,000 people watched the memorial of a conservationist yesterday. criticising that person alienates alot of people these days. Best start thinking of ways of looking green even if you aren't eh fellas. 'nuff said.

Lefty
    Depends on your perspective and your personal definition of a conservationist.
    One person's version of a conservationist may differ markedly with another's, as you are discovering lefty_green.
    Just because you call yourself a conservationist, and we on this site don't agree with your arguments and critisism, you've decided you're right and we're wrong, maybe it's the other way around?

We are about sustainability, conservation is a part of that.
    I see conservationists like Australia Zoo and Sea World and other 'zoos', as being closer to the rec fishers point of view, than the so called green groups point of view.
    Groups like PETA and AMCS were critising Irwin not us. Why did you even bring him into the debate, what's the relevance?
    If keeping a small number of animals in cages helps us learn more about them then it's acceptable. But that's not the view of the extreme left/greenies, is it?

What you keep failing to grasp is that it's politics driving these decisions for closures not science. At this point in time it happens to be your personal favorite, the Qld Labor Party, that's trying to screw us. It doesn't matter to me what brand they are, if they try to stop me and my family and my friends from fishing for no other reason that to placate the extreme greens, than their the enemy too (full stop)

You are trying to persuade people to change their views, but you're failing miserably because you offer no alternatives or solutions, only repeated poop we've all heard before.

If you disagree so strongly with what you read on here, remember you have the power to stop reading it.

By far the majority of rec fishers are conservationists, just not the kind that fits your definition of one, and the only person being alienated is you.

regards
    Steve.

However when there are people on here who think whaling is ok then maybe I was wrong
    Please explain why sustainable whaling is wrong?