For what it's worth this is my contribution.

Dear Channel Nine,
I’ve been made aware of an orchestrated campaign to have fishing reports removed from your news service. Please accept my support in maintaining this valuable service to the fishing community in fact you would have even further support if you could expand this service. Any reports on responsible fishing practices are greatly enjoyed in our household, so keep up the good work and don’t lose sight of the fact the campaign is apparently being driven by two iron deprived vegans operating out of a publicly funded office (maybe a campaign to have this funding removed and used to improve a playground for kiddies somewhere has some merit?). Any pressure bought to bare by this inflammatory campaign needs to be balanced out by the huge numbers of households in Sth East Qld who enjoy this fantastic pastime and who don’t wish to have to defend it from a small minority trying to force their way of life onto others.

Thankyou for taking the time to read this email and if it wouldn’t be too much to ask, could you to get a least one person in each shot displaying the days catch to hold up a large bowl of tofu? As well as loving a responsible fishing report in my household we also love a good “gee up”, so if you could see your way clear………………………..