Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vegans attacking Fishing report #- Help needed

Re: Vegans attacking Fishing report #- Help needed

Fired one off.

Would love to know what more I could do by email like this as its easy - who to send emails etc - am based in Melbourne a.t.m but makes me irritable to see what these toetouching tree huggers are trying to do to the area I grew up in and love.

Email sent

sent email to give support

Fieldy

Sent one too

Re: Vegans attacking Fishing report  - Help n

Sent mine and here is a copy

Dear Channel Nine Staff,

I have just heard about a campaign that has been launched targeting the fishing reports, in particular, those of the Gold Coast Local Channel nine
    news, from a left wing organisation.

I understand that they object to the issue of patrons from charter vessels and sole fishermen displaying their catch, and that channel nine airs this footage. They state that it is cruel killing of animals etc and should not be supported by the media.

In my opinion, these people would be better off putting their efforts into "real" issues such as Japanese Whaling and sealing in the northern
    hemisphere. Or even doing something about world terrorism. Fishing is a pastime of many cultures and my culture and upbringing has been brought up around fishing.

In this day and age, as you often report, there are too many people who hold others at ransom in some form or other, simply to change a way of
    life. Please don't let these people stop you from airing the local fishing reports, it would be a victory for extremism and a small minority, who
    have large funding, dictating how we should live our way of life.

These people have the same choice as everyone else, and that is simply to turn off the television, or choose that particular time of the day to go and make a cup of herbal tea, or to roll a marijuana cigarette or whatever it is these people do.

Thank you for taking the time to read my e-mail and please keep up the good work with the fishing reports. Thank you.

Yours sincerly

Sorry guys, couldn't help myself with the herbal tea and marijuana comments.

Cheers,
    Horny

Live every day as if it's your last - for one day you're sure to be right!

sent one too!!

Bundy_Burp

E-mail Sent

Bundy

Hi, sent an email tonight , very happy to do so , it all helps ,,Strongy

ahaha, i have dogs, will more than likely be diabetic pretty soon, and love my fishing....

vegans are my new enemy!

Got a reply today , said they had hundreds of emails of support and would keep showing the fishing report. good going guys ,Strongy

hussy

sent mine same reply. hubby, by the way, how many vegans does it take to eat a cow? only one if no,ones looking. hubby

fired one off. great to see everyone getting stuck in - i love the herbal tea comment hornblower, so darn true!!!

cuzza

My two cents.

Dear Channel Nine,

We love the Gold Coast news Fishing report, it's the deciding factor in determining which channel we watch. For many of my friends who go fishing, it is the same.

Don't worry about the extremist criticism by a miniscule minority, as you know, their views are not shared by 99% of the local Gold coast community - fishing is a major pastime for many of us here on the Coast and I look forward to seeing this valuable service continue.

I think it gives Nine a big advantage over Channel 7 (who dropped the ball big time by discontinuing their fishing reports). Our television stays on Channel 9 for the 6 pm news after Gold Coast news is finished and I suspect that many other Gold coasters do the same thing.

Keep up the good work and have you thought about repeating a short fishing report on the 6.25 Brisbane weather segment as there are even more people in Brisbane that go fishing.

Best regards,

Michael.

Check out my boat for sale in the classifieds

• 469 Stacer open Seahorse/Nomad
    • 50hp 4 stroke tiller Mercury
    • Heaps of extras, in top condition
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Gold Coast news even deny they have this segment each night and deny its a celebration of killing fish as entertainment

What is their point exactly.?

Saying that is like saying "Eating KFC is a celebration of killing chooks".

Idiots can believe what they like , but don't inflict it on me.
    I mean do I go out and find Vegans and force them to eat meat or kill a few things for fun?
    When I read crap like that I would like to choke them with a big fat sausage.
    Dirty Vegans.