Thread: $21,000 pay rise

$21,000 pay rise

From the Courier mail Wed,13 Sep 2006
    $21000 pay rise ,

Re: $21,000 pay rise

What the F$$k 4 !!!? > >

Hi all
    not bad 11% pay rise in a month they only just took a pay rise before the elections of 7 % yet the nurses or doctors ambos, firies or normal workers are battling to get a 4% pay rise every 3yrs in your lucky

who the hell voted them back in guarantee they are kicking themselves now for placing but greedy morons

Cheers
    Steve

Words fail me >

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

they still do not get paid enough to attract the right people...we pay peanuts and all we get are monkeys.

stainless started this thread and doesn't even know that he/she answered it

sorry,,, but its questions such as this that make me ask you stainless how much do you get paid,,, and what hours per week do you put in and are you on call 24 hrs a day and furthermore,,, if you fart,,, does it make headline news in tomorrows paper,,,

don't get me wrong,,, i'm not backing 1 party or the other,,,, but when your in the public eye 30 hours a day,,, you should get paid accordingly,,,

the post should have been started by asking"""""why is ------------- being paid this amount and he/she does nothing????????""""""""

just my next election 2 bobs worth

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Haven't you heard it's the new Work Choices.

HOWARDS AT IT TO!!!!!!!

Prime Minister John Howard has defended the latest pay rise for politicians, saying Treasurer Peter Costello is paid less than his Treasury department head.

The government has accepted a recommendation from the Remuneration Tribunal to increase MPs' wages by seven per cent - an increase of $20 000 for Mr Howard, $14 000 for Opposition Leader Kim Beazley and $7 800 for backbenchers.

It takes the parliamentary base salary to $118 950 a year, and coincides with Mr Howard's decision to restore the generous taxpayer-funded superannuation scheme for all new parliamentarians.

Mr Howard said while there was never a good time to lift politicians' pay, MP's had far more responsibility than many other people on higher salaries in the general community. -AAP

One week after being re-elected - now that was diliberately withheld from the voting masses. I wonder how many people feel they made the right choice now.

Just typical of how arrogant they all are and how they have their hands in the honey pot.

Not happy "Loota" Beattie
    Horny

Live every day as if it's your last - for one day you're sure to be right!

Still not enough to interest me. Keep bumping it up.

Quote Originally Posted by choppa
    stainless started this thread and doesn't even know that he/she answered it

sorry,,, but its questions such as this that make me ask you stainless how much do you get paid,,, and what hours per week do you put in and are you on call 24 hrs a day and furthermore,,, if you fart,,, does it make headline news in tomorrows paper,,,

don't get me wrong,,, i'm not backing 1 party or the other,,,, but when your in the public eye 30 hours a day,,, you should get paid accordingly,,,

the post should have been started by asking"""""why is ------------- being paid this amount and he/she does nothing????????""""""""

just my next election 2 bobs worth

choppa
    I couldn't agree more CHOPPA! If you take into account the executive roles they undertake and compare it to the salaries of CEO's/Chairmans etc of private corporations, i believe they are underpaid!

Would you do what Beattie/Howard do for the money they make?! They pay the same taxes as we do so they're not netting anything more and yet they have to wear the garbage that society dishes up to them. Don't get me wrong, incompetence should not be rewarded but we vote them in...

Take Care T
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

Hey Pinhead,even if you do pay top dollar you still get silver tailed no hopers who have a twisted view of the world and do bugger all for the good of us all anyway.Look at that yank blow in who is 'running' Telstra now, 5.7million bucks for running it so badly shares have plummeted,he'll have realised that Telstra is in a no win situation and will be looking for his multi million dollar golden parachute.
    You could pay Mr Beattie and company a 200% pay rise and they'd still be just as hopeless.

Complain all you want but untill there is some one better to vote for then this is how it will be.

There never will be anyone better because anyone with genuine good intentions will always be defeated by 'the system' which has been firmly established in our country now.For pollies/businessmen it's dog eat dog,take what you can get when you can get it and put up as much smoke and mirrors as possible.

Struth!! come off it choppa,most working people could list plenty of disadvantages of their jobs but that doesn't entitle 'em to payrises out of step with the rest of us.Poor buggers in the media spotlight eh-imagine what they'd get up to if they weren't scrutinised! it's bad enough trying to keep 'em honest now.
    Sorry mate but it burns me when some of these silver tails talk about 'hard work',I didn't see any of these types when I was in the middle of nowhere, 2klms underground covered in poisonous slurry drilling rock in 45 degree heat 14hrs a stretch for 2 weeks straight paying 47% tax(thats one week for me one for the govt). Same goes for the media whore actors who use the media to gain celebrity/millions of dollars and then cry and whinge about having no privacy-poor buggers what a hard life eh.No self respecting hard working man/woman should waste one skerric of sympathy for these bludgers-it's the priveleged life they chose and they can quit anytime they want....but of course then they'd have to do genuine productive work or sit back on their fat super payouts etc.Jace.