Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new here

new here

hi there...im from Utah and ive benn fishing for quite some time..usually go for rainbow trout and cutts..are there trout in australia too?maybe on summer vacation we can spend some good time fishing in Australia

Re: new here

welcome kristel

well once you had a good look around you see the kind of fish to be caught in down under
    certainly worth a trip

have fun

anya

G'day Kristel , welcome to ausfish

we have several varieties of trout here in oz , several types of freshwater trout and a couple types of saltwater or reef trout.

hope you enjoy your time with ausfish.

cheers
    Jason.
    ... i only work to support my fishing addiction.....

g'day Kristal and welcome to the boards.

another U.S. resident on our aussie fish site eh? good to see, and don't be shy in having your say (within reason, of course )

As Longtail said, we do get some pretty good trout of various species in this part of the world, but i think that if you came here for a holiday, you would be shortchanging yourself by only targeting trout. there are so many other species species here that will put a bend in your rod (and your back! )

until then, i am sure we'd love to see any pics of recent captures, as well as the stories that go with them, good and bad.

cheers, Damo
    Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. But ,flogging him into submission will result in him taking up crabbing.... and once he gets a taste of that sh*t, well, he may never return again.

Bundy_Burp

Welcome aboard Kristal

Great_White

Hi Kristel, and welcome to ausfish.

Peter

Hi Kristel

Welcome and enjoy and share

Cheers

Sy

G'day Kristel ,
    yeah lots of trout in Australia but the only ones worth chasing are the coral trout. [ yeah I know its going to upset some of you , but you know its true ]

Greg
    Give a man a fish and feed him for a day , teach a man to fish and feed him for life .

Gidday KRISTAL welcome to AUSFISH will be interested in seeing your posts of fishing US style .Love the name I have a grandaughter KRYSTAL.

cheers Terry
    Cheers Tezza

Welcome aboard Kristal. If you do come over for a holiday and do some fishing I doubt you will ever want to leave, it's just too gooooood. Have a search through this forum and you will find some fish that will blow your mind, if you want some more info about them you can try www.google.com.au and research them even more. I have to agree with some of the others, coral trout are truly fantastic.

Kel [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Welcome Kristel. Remember though, that if you come to Australia on your summer vacation to pack your warm gear as it will be the middle of winter here.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Welcome Kristel, Would like to see some photos of your catches. you will need six months of summer vactions to experence all the types of fishing that AUS has to offer. Anyway it does not matter how long you have or were you would like to fish, someone from Ausfish will want to show what we have to offer. Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren
    Welcome Kristel. Remember though, that if you come to Australia on your summer vacation to pack your warm gear as it will be the middle of winter here.

Cheers
    Paul
    Jumper, you're kidding aren't you, mine are still smelling of moth balls this winter. Mind you I do carry a fair bit of natural insulation.
    Welcome Kristel,
    Winter here for the most part doesn't get too cold, only when you start heading south and if you're coming to Oz to fish, trust me on this, go north,,,,,,,,,,,go north. Just stay away from the crocs, accidents aren't very helpful for the tourist industry. Enjoy the boards there is a great bunch of people on here willing to help and always keen to find new info on fishing. So photograph the next trip and post for all to enjoy.

What do you do if a croc has your dog betwwen it's jaws????
    GIVE IT A YANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to our addiction Krystal. My name is Billy and I'm an ausfish-aholic...................................Billy

welcome krystal
    we have a great country
    once u been here u would love to stay

pete