Thread: New to BrisVegas and the site

West_Oz_Defector

New to BrisVegas and the site

G'Day Bris Vegians.
    Just visited the bloke at Mossops and he put me onto this site. I hail from sunny Perth and now live here. Based in Morningside and have had to sell my boat before departing WA. I am really blind to fishing here and do require some help as to a couple of reasonable spots. Don't worry I'm not after your secret hotspots as it is more adventurous to discover these myself. Just a push start for some land based fishing and relaxing.
    Be great if you can help.
    Cheers and Beers
    Or is it Good as Gold Now?

Re: New to BrisVegas and the site

Hi west oz defector
    well to brissy plenty of land base spots Wellington point, under the gateway bridge, down to the Gold coast plenty of spots grab your self a beacon to beacon will give you more of an idea

Cheers
    Steve

Hey Westoz,

There are plenty of rivers, brisse, logan, coomera etc.. plus beaches and rock fishing within the hour by car.

If i can help with anything more specific just ask

West_Oz_Defector

Thanks Dan, Yes a bit more specific would be great. Mainly I am thinking som nice edible fresh whiting or Tailor?
    Appreciate the help.

Bundy_Burp

Hi and welcome to ausfish west oz defector as steve has already mentioned getting yourself a copy of beacon to beacon would be the way to go lots of spots and I think there are even gps marks as well in this years edition .

Bundy

Welcome to BrisBANE** westOzdefector.
    Let us know how the l/b spots go as I am dying to try a few more out too.
    Mossops are great. I'd bet many of the fishers here have dads who frequented Mossops back in the 50's-60's when they were about the only place to be. best.

**(hate the term Brisvegas..it was coined by a poofter designer from sunny Melbourne when he didn't win any awards at the fashion cr*p one year and got his silky nickers ina real twist)

Welcome aboard mate shame you had to sell your rig
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Welcome to Brisbane mate, you might want to keep an eye on the going fishing section too, always people looking for deckies, great way to get to know the area and gets you back on the water too.

Cheers and beers (and yes gold is good )
    Scott
    "Mystique" Haines Signature 580BR with 175 of Mr Suzuki's finest ponies

Welcome! Tailor predominantly down the Gold Coast anywhere from Southport Spit to the border along the beaches.

Whiting you can try the Wynnum Manly foreshores and up around the foreshores at Redcliffe. Bribie Is beaches are also productive.

Have fun and good luck!

Take Care T
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

Westoz,

Just as T1 said, their are hundreds of spots to choose from. For whiting try the logan river towards jacobs well there are lots of land based spots along the river. If you can get the Beacon to Beacon as others said or get a UBD and look for places you could fish from.

Cheers

West_Oz_Defector

Thanks Guys.....Got the Beacon to Beacon... Got the gear and now armed with some local info..
    Many Thanks for your help.
    Now just need to work for new Boat
    Cheers and Beers

marlinqld

Welcome west oz defector...... next time i am short a deckie i'll give you a yell for a trip in the bay

Mike

welcome aboard defector...stick around and you will learn lots. It's tailor season at the moment, so some beach work would be a good start, but there is every type of fishing within reasonable distance from Brissie

In the meantime, grab some local product (XXXX and Bundy) say eh at the end of every sentence eh.........