Thread: new member saying thanks

new member saying thanks

Hi everyone,

I would like to thank everyone on this site for the help and advice you give. I have only recently joined Ausfish however whenever i have had access to the internet i have tried to read all the posts possible. I now have constant access to the internet so I hope that i may be able to repay the favour by helping out where i can.

I am a resident of the bayside suburbs so mainly fish Moreton Bay, targeting everything from Squire to Whiting using both bait and soft plastics. I have only just started using the plastics so am not very good but persisting.

Well will not go on all day so thanks again and hope to talk to you all again.

blue5beard

Re: new member saying thanks

Hey mate... Love the hey mate thing.. im from the U.S. Have you ever tried freshwater for bass and the many other types of fish in the inland places.. Lots of fun to catch bass on top water gear.. spinnerbaits and poppers and such...Have fun mate. ;BB

Loco_Pez

Hey BB mate, mate is a lot better than dude eh ?

US bass is a different species & we don't have them here. What we call Australian Bass have some similar habits though & willl crash a popper or spinner.

I think 90% of you guys fish freshwater whereas most of us fish the salt. There are all sorts of arm stretching monsters that will eat poppers in these here parts . You orta get over here & check em out. They would have your biggest bass for breakfast

blue5beard

Actually I am over here mate.. Im in brissy... Underwood.. married a lovly aussie girl .. We met on the net.. Three weeks later she flew over and we got married...Iv been here almost 3 years,, Im like all most a landed imagrant... Hope to catch some of those bigger fish you speak of someday..As for the salt thing,, I grew up inland .. closest salt was pacific northwest.. Not seattle but you get the picture..Worked on a fish buying barge in alaska though.. We were shore ancord up on the gulf of alaska.. We bought the fish from the small guy.. Hand troll and power.. Had a mate that had a 25 foot boat with a hand troll permit.. Big fish!! The biggest we took on board was a 70 pound king salmon... Lots and lots of 20, 30 40, pounders .. also dog salmon, coehoe and pinks...Once on board i would have to pack them in ice and the tender would come every 3 days and drop off fresh ice and pick up the fish we had bought.. They would then take them back to the canners... It was and still is wild country up there.. We saw Grizzly bear at the mouth of a creek close by every day...I had a small tinny with a 15 horse on it... If you ever get the chance....Its a great place.. almost as good as it is over here BB

hussy

welcome aboard mate . glad you have access to the www now, will look forward to seeing your posts, hubby

Welcome mate,

Make sure you get an Ausfish sticker on your boat, so we can tell you apart from all the other boats out there.

Scalem

Welcome aboard mate
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Greetings and salutations MattiB.
    Horny

Live every day as if it's your last - for one day you're sure to be right!

Great_White

Welcome to ausfish MattiB

Good to see you fish the bay, it's a great place lets hope they keep it open for us all

Peter