Thread: to awonga 1st time need  acc ? gen knowkledg

to awonga 1st time need  acc ? gen knowkledg

hi fishplukka here iam after some tips on fishing accomadation boat ramps there my 1st time there also mrs fp and 2 teenage fp ihave a tent and a camper 3m ally only staying1 or 2nights or could stay in cabin or cvan this sounds better ! please help fellow fishos and campers
    don't take life to seriously no one gets out alive anyway l !

Re:  to awonga 1st time need #acc ? gen knowk

mate, try willowgrove@bestonparks, thats the caravan park at Benaraby, bout 10 mins from the dam.
    Plenty of room down the back to set up a camp, they also have cabins etc.
    Bonus is they have their own ramp straight into the salt water side of the Boyne, gives you another option.
    I would stay away from the caravan park at the dam, we have been double booked there our selves, plus I know others have had problems.
    No worries with the ramp at the dam, 2 lane concrete, just a long way to reverse cause of the low water levels.
    Parking can be a problem due to crowds, I beat that by being on the water at sparrows.
    hope that helps
    cheers
    Brian

Re:  to awonga 1st time need #acc ? gen knowk

Lake Awoonga has everything you need, water for one thing and and good size fish swimming in it 120/ 130 cm barra plus more, camping & cabins at the lake, new cabin park 6 klm down the road, and 2 more caravan parks plus a motel within 10 klm from the dam

Check gladstone area water board web site for info or sweetwater fishing web site for booking cabins

lorby