Thread: Engel fridges

Engel fridges

How long could I expect a 60ltr Engel to last on the fully charged battery out of the ute will be used to keep food cold not looking to make ice
    Battery is a 660cca truck/ute battery
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Re: Engel fridges

I think they use about 3 amps when running. Running time will depend on the temp outside and the thermastat setting and also how often you open the fridge. What will be more important about the battery is the amp/hrs. This should be on the battery somewhere. Say if it is a 70 amp/hr battery and the fridge pulls 3 amps then theroreticly it should run for 23 hours straight. But if it cycles on and off for about half the time you will get 2 days. I have a 40 lt engel and about 2 days from a deep cycle battery is about all you can get realisticly. I just make sure i take the car for a bit of a run each day.

Aaron

eggbeater

I can run my 40 ltr Engel at 3 degrees c for 72 hours before battery is flat.

Hope this gives you some idea.

Barrcuta

I usually get around 12-24 hours.depending on how much you get into it.

Thanks guys

ROB80

as homer jay said more important is how many amp hours your battery is rated. cca refers to cold cranking amps (the capability of starting your car)and as far as i am aware starting batteries don't handle the constant drain/charge cycle required for fridges. It may work but you would definitley be reducing the life of the battery. Also wouldn't be nice to find fridge has drained starting battery when it came time to leave. Better of with dual battery/deep cycle system.

Hey Grizz, The 60 ltr Engel are thirsty for power. We are on our second unit in 10 years.
    They draw 4.2amps ,how long will the battery last? depends on how often you open the lid,but expect a day and a bit if the batterys ok. We also have a 40ltr which draws about 2.4 amps its a ripper too ,but will not store all the Gulf cans so WE use it as a freezer. cheers brush.

Quote Originally Posted by brush View Post
    Hey Grizz, The 60 ltr Engel are thirsty for power. We are on our second unit in 10 years.
    They draw 4.2amps ,how long will the battery last? depends on how often you open the lid,but expect a day and a bit if the batterys ok. We also have a 40ltr which draws about 2.4 amps its a ripper too ,but will not store all the Gulf cans so WE use it as a freezer. cheers brush.

Is that a second Engel or battery?

Hey Grizz, Sorry Buddy , second 60 ltr Engel, first stuffed up the electronics
    Cheers brush