Thread: Camping North Eastern Moreton Island

CQ_Fisher

Camping North Eastern Moreton Island

Mate of mine has arranged a camping trip for 3 days on Moreton Island over Australia Day . Ive never been before, apparantly we are camping on the North Eastern Beach. Any tips or pointers on the area from any of you punters that may know the area quite well.

Cheers
    JD

Re: Camping North Eastern Moreton Island

Well, there's no actual "North Eastern" beach on Moreton so he either means the northern end of the eastern beach, or perhaps the eastern end of the northern beach (which is more north-west than northern).

I always stay on the eastern beach. Probably mainly dart around in the gutters at the moment. Good fun!! Easy to catch - just needs pipis or worms and a decent cast.

Hopefully not too busy on australia day weekend.

CQ_Fisher

thanks chisel, reply much appreciated.

Drewy, the fresh water tastes like crap over there so take your own. If the winds get up don't bother with eastern beach the sand will drive you nuts.

Hi,

Just returned this week from 10 Days on the island. Middle road is a bit bumpy but no issue even for a soft roader...

Fishing - Average
    Dart and a few whitting
    Best spots were off the headland rocks @ Yellow Patch
    Take Bait - 5$ for a single Beach Worm and 5$ a bag of pipies - Pipies were hard to find on the beach
    Take Drinking Water -

I found fishing the outgoing tide at the mouth of the lake at yellow patch ? or is that Taylor bight? using pippies I got some dart and a bloody whopper of a bream, all C&R

CQ_Fisher

thanks guys, all info greatly appreciated. Will definately be taking my own drinking water, dodgy water goes right through me and gives me a ripper dose of the squirts

Cheers n Beers
    JD

Pippies can be found quite easily at spitfire creek jsut get ther about quarter low and you will do well also plenty of beach worms we would average 40 pipis a time and just manage a couplew of worms only cos we are still hopeless at catching them lol best of luck

[quote=somervillebm;537501]Hi,

Just returned this week from 10 Days on the island. Middle road is a bit bumpy but no issue even for a soft roader...

Hey Somervillebm , where did you end up staying for your ten days ???????? Mal

So Cruiser,
    how did the fishing go?
    cheers
    Mike