Thread: ::)Howard or Burrum Heads

::)Howard or Burrum Heads

I'm heading to Burrum Heads next week with a tinny & need to know which is the best c/v park would be best for me to stay in either Burrum or Howard. I will be river fishing, so I need a boat ramp handy & need to know what tackle I should take (fish & crabs).I also know that it is school hols & I would like room to move (not over crowded).
    Thanks Dave
    8)

Re: #::)Howard or Burrum Heads

I would give the Hillcrest Park a go but you may not get in as they all get pretty busy this time of year.

Cheers.

Derek

Re:  ::)Howard or Burrum Heads

Hi Dave

Another option you may want to consider is to go to Woodgate. Woodgate is a neat seaside town south of Bundaberg. The caravan park there is pretty good and you are not far from the Burrum River but on the north side of it opposite Burrum Heads. You can launch your boat at Walkers Point.

Check out this website.

http://www.qparks.asn.au/fcN.html

Cheers

Derek

Thanks Derek I have booked into Hillcrest but I will check out Woodgate when I get there.Riverside at Howard has also been highly recomended.Thanks for your help & tight lines.
    Dave

Well yeh I'm back.Burrum was great.The fish are still there in the river somewhere, and I didn't harm the crab population greatly either.I found a good ramp at Pacific Haven (Wal's Camp) caught 1 crab no fish nothing showed on sounder either.The weather was great and the dog was a hit with the locals who treated us like locals soon after arrival.We'll be back though to try again.
    Dave

Dave

What's your take on the Hillcrest Park. I haven't been there for a while.

Cheers.

Derek

Derek
    The park is now under new management which I found very casual maybe too casual. They have just put on a groundsman which may help the grass to grow. However the park overall was good and also handy to the boat ramp & yabbies.
    My father recently stayed at the Riverside Park at Howard & found this park excellent as they have 4 jetties & 2 row boats for campers use. Crabs were good there also (he has no boat).
    Hope this helps.

How do you get to Riverside Park ? Been through Howard plenty of times & never heard of that place.
    Silver.

Re: #::)Howard or Burrum Heads

Yeh! sorry Silver may be it was called Burrum River c/v park Burgowan Road Howard. Also found a good boat ramp at Pacific Haven (Wal's Camp)