Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jons Landing - Noosa R

Jack_Lives_Here

Jons Landing - Noosa R

Any of the Ausfish crew heading up to Johns Landing over the Xmas break??

Re:  Jons Landing - Noosa R

Not me mate but its good fishin there good jacks, jew, bream, whitting and the odd catfish also good mudcrabbing so put the pots in.

Cheers, Lachie

Jack_Lives_Here

Used to be my bestest jack spot - until every bloke and his dog kept taking and not returning. >

Still might have a few lazy days up there.

little help!! where is john's landing on noosa river? can i get there in 2wd car, use canoe, camp?

Yes tater, 2wd is OK, camping is OK.

I'll find the info for directions.

Phill

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Johns Landing is located just north of Tewantin, Sunshine Coast. It will take approximately 2 1/2 hours drive from the Gateway Bridge ( Brisbane ). So you can work out time for your particular area.

There are 2 ways to get there.

1. Travel the Bruce Highway and turn off at Eumundi and follow the Eumundi-Noosa Road, or

2. Travel further north and take the Cooroy-Noosa Road at Cooroy.

The Eumundi turn-off is closer, but there is a lot of roadworks being done in this area and you travel through Noosaville suburbs with traffic lights etc. The Cooroy way is longer in distance, but is a straight forward run. The choice is yours.

Now, get out your refidex and find " WERIN ST " Tewantin. Turn into this street and then turn left into " CULLINANE ST ". Follow this road for about 3.3 kilometers and turn right into " LAKE COOROIBAH RD ". Follow this road for a few k's more and don't turn off. At the end of this road you will find a gate with a sign, and that sign will say " Johns Landing ", private property. Drive through. This road is about 2 kilometers long and dirt/sand, travel slow with a trailer on. Stop at shop / house and pay the " man ". $10 per vehicle per night. Go through gate ( you may have to get out and open this one ) and follow track. See 10kph sign at showers, turn right and follow track to river.

hope this helps. Phill

adrian

get in early if you want a spot . campped there last xmas next to the roadway and had some fool setup a caravan next door his post and ropes where under our tarp and when asked of he'd move over got told to f.#%$$@$$^%#$#%$# off and we should move .well we did at 4am gee how many times can you drop poles and pegs ,fry pans etc at his front door heaps .

anzac

I hear ya Anzac.

Have made a concious decision to only camp at designated camp sites / spots during the holiday seasons.
    cheers Phill

Might head up there this Saturday to check the joint out. Hastings Street, Noosa for lunch and a cool ale sounds good as well.

Wonder if any of them fancy cafes and restaurants serve camp oven tucker.

Derek [smiley=chef.gif]

Re: #Jons Landing - Noosa R

hi all,
    what sort of amenities are there, ie cabins etc or camping only, are the showers hot/cold. is there a boatramp nearby, do they have a web site??
    sounds like a nice spot to have a sticky beak at.
    cheers
    dazza

showers,,, yes hot & cold ?

camping only. mongrel boatramp there, OK for small tinnies, best with 4 x 4 to launch & retrieve as it goes straight into the riverbank.

web site...................well yes somewhere I saw something on it. Not much to do with the place itself, just a lot of history.

Phill

thanks phill
    might go for a drive one day and check it out
    cheers
    dazza

Re: #Jons Landing - Noosa R

Hey everyone.

Spent the day at John's Landing yesterday. #Good camping spot. #Keep an eye out in a soon to be released issue of Bush 'n Beach for a full rundown on the place.

Sat with a young couple on the bank and watched them pull in a flattie, esturay cod and bream less than 30 metres from their camper van. #All caught on live shrimps from an opera house trap set the night before.

Phill, that boat ramp has a spot of concrete on it. People running boats in and out with standard cars.

Cheers

Derek [smiley=chef.gif] [smiley=chef.gif]

Hi all feel obligated to inform,spent some good time at jon's landing,last Sep school hols 2 familys were there holidaying our wives were at the showers only to find one of the 2 cubicles closed for cleaning,nothing in it eh the bastard was in there haveing a toss.what was most disturbing was there were only young girls in the showers at the time.the women made hast to inform there fathers,so be aware

Stayed there Easter before last.

Mozzie heaven.

Big dogs roaming around at night on their own.

You cannot book a site, but people come up the week before and pitch their tent (Dont expect your tent to be there the following week tho, the owner has caught people more than once walking off with the tents of others )

I had my wife a three girls with me, none felt safe and all wanted to leave after the first night

But there aint to maney places where you get up, out of your tent, walk twenty paces, cast a line and wait for the mrs to bring you a cupper