Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie in need of help

Re: Newbie in need of help

Also don't forget the water! A lot of places have running water but I'm not sure if you'd want to drink it. I carry around a 20 litre drum, plus 2 x 10litre bottles in the esky (frozen to provide both ice and drinking water). Also clothes pegs and an old door mat are handy. Door mat helps us keep dirt and sand out of the tent.

Hahaha fishing gear is the first thing I pack! It's the main reason we go camping anyway.

As for the truck, my other half hits me every time I mention buying a Ford F250 to fit all our camping gear!

LMFAO @ my other half hits me every time I mention buying a Ford F250 to fit all our camping gear!

I reckon I'm in for some of the same when I get home mate...

Cheers,
    Rich.

Misty

If we had one you wouldn't let me drive it......[smiley=disappointed.gif]

Ah nice truck the F250's

F250 with a canopy and a big muttha of an esky is all you need.

Robbo, shouldn't that be "a muttha of an esky full of beer"??

I need two eskies...
    One for her Jim Beam and One for my Beer lmfao.

Rich,

Maybe you need to look at one of those boats on the Fourex Gold tv ad where the boys are supposed to be going fishing....plenty of "esky space" on there for your beer and the bourbon... [smiley=drunk.gif] And if you get a Ford F250, you may even be able to tow the beast around!?! Don't forget your aeroguard but.

LMAO Hutcho...

Good as Gold mate, Good as Gold...

Cheers,
    Rich.

Well .... you haven't prepared well enough for me to come along . Mrs Brissy mentioned a lot of essentials but .... what about the LOO paper .

I did mention that there is always one thing that you forget!

PG

Sharkbait's on a winner there, very much the same as my set up and it works great !
    We've got adjustable poles and a spreader bar. The poles allow us to raise and lower sides or corners and the rain runs off instead of bellying out the middle. The spreader bar fits on top of the poles and keeps the guts of the tarp up high for headroom and rain runoff.
    Cooking gear can be minimized if you buy one of those portable gasmate cookers from KMart. two cans will do a weekend of cooking and billy boiling easily. fits into a case the size of a cordless drill box.
    I try to travel light cos a lot of my camping requires travel to there by boat.

Rich

Unfortunately I havent been into Ausfish much in recent times. #How are you getting along with the camping and camping gear. #Lets us know. #

One thing I have realised over the years is that you don't need all of the fancy gear that is available. #If there is one thing though that I would suggest every camper look at and thats to throw out that old esky and buy a camping fridge. #Best thing you could ever do.

Cheers.

Derek