Thread: info on munna point camping ground

info on munna point camping ground

hey im heading upto munna point camping ground at noosa with a few friends at the end of school for a few nights.

I am wondering if anyone has been there before and what did they think of it.

is it possible to anchor the boat up on the beach in front of the camping ground?

Also i will have the boat trailer and car up there and a large tent.

do they have camp sites large enough to take in these items?

cheers phil
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

Re: info on munna point camping ground

Book ahead and tell them what you need, It gets very busy up there. You can tie the boat up on the beach in front of the camping area. They even have a boat ramp in the park Do not leave anything in the boat .Great spot

CHRIS_aka_GWH

boat ramp in the park requires 4x4 to extract

room for tent boat & car but side by side

one of the top five camping grounds around I reckon

thanks for the replies guys. the ramp would be no good then only got a falcon.

cheers phil
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

CHRIS_aka_GWH

in holiday periods the regulars are very friendly & obliging if you take the time to say gday & pass the time with them when u don't need their help - thankfully the world of camping is decades behind the city folk in the self-centred AHole development plan instigated in our major centres in recent times.

chris

phil if you are a school leaver - munna point ain't party central - its a very family orientated camping ground - it is also at a delicate time when landholders nearby would love it closed & turned into parkland (it was bequested to the people in a will, (which is why it still exists amongst the units etc) a will not specific enough to specify camping ground unfortunately).

Don't give those with the $$$ to buy a piece of Noosa another reason to keep those without the $$$ to afford luxury accomodation away.

Party hard & have the fun you deserve but away from the camp ground, please.

ok thanks

me and my friends aren't really worried about doing lots of the partying sort of stuff more of a few days at the beach boating and fishing. with a little fun thrown in here and there.

cheers phil

Bring on the Marlin!!!

Don't give up yet.It is not far to the public ramp. 5 or 10 minute walk. Drop the boat in and walk back and get the car.

Hi

We have had this on the site before so check out the old postings at Munna Point Caravan Park.

Cheers

Derek