Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOUTH EAST QUEENSLAND CAMPING SPOTS

SOUTH EAST QUEENSLAND CAMPING SPOTS

What's your favourite place for a weekend away camping in south east Queensland. I'm always on the lookout for somewhere new. While I have got my favourites it's always nice to do something different.

Derek

Re: SOUTH EAST QUEENSLAND CAMPING SPOTS

We always seem to have a great time out at Leslie Dam, near Warwick. It's a pretty relaxed camping ground with basic facilities, and when the fish are happening, it's a real buzz! I haven't been everywhere yet, going over to the Bedroom on the 15/9 so hopefully that'll be a blast! Fitting everything in the boat will be a joy! Only place where I felt dissappointment was Bigriggen Park. All the hype, and the tank water was full of mozzie wrigglers, and the guy running the place was a grump! The place was nice, but just didn't get into it. Felt a bit like I was on a primary school camp or something. Anyway, hopefully get out to Cressbrook dam before the year's out, and I wouldn't mind checking out Borumba dam, too. Enough waffle, happy camping/fishing etc.

Katrina

If you are heading for Borumba Dam check out the Deer Park. Place is run by Rick and June Gibson. On the banks of Yabba Creek and only a few kays from the dam. recommend it

Cheers

Derek

Would love to, but unfortunately I am canoe-less!!!! The 16 and a half foot tinny won't cut it, I don't think. Will get around to the canoe thing one day, but oh those bills they keep coming!

adrian

does anyone know of any cheap camping areas near john's landing at noosa as john's landing is very dear ???

How much is John's Landing these days? It was $8 a vehicle when I went there last year. That seemed reasonable to me, I just didn't like the vibe of the place. Too many yobbos I think. The council campground at Boreen Pt. (Lake Cootharaba) is very nice, and probably around the $3.50 to $5 range per person. Very shallow in those parts, though. Nice for canoeing, or shallow drive motors.

Hey Anzac, with a nic like that you must be true blue.

Check out Noosa North Shore Holiday Park, Lake Cooroiba Holday Park and the campground at Elanda Point.

Cheers.

Derek

Lake Cooroibah Caravan/Camping park is now called Noosa North Shore Caravan Park, (not the Wilderness Camp). You could also try further up river at Fig Tree Point, or Harry's Camping Area, depending on your boat/vehicle situation. These are QNPWS areas, so the standard permit/fee applies. Have fun, it's a beautiful area.

adrian

thanks for the info gang it looks like my next few trips are now planned

No worries!

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina
    #Lake Cooroibah Caravan/Camping park is now called Noosa North Shore Caravan Park, (not the Wilderness Camp).
    Hey, Katrina

Are there still the two camps on Noosa North Shore. I haven't been up that way for a while but last time I camped at the one on the beach it was called, I think, Noosa North Shore Wilderness Camp. It was one of the few caravan parks I have camped in where you had to use 20 cent pieces to have a shower.

Then there was the one at Lake Cooroibah itself. Would be a shame if one of them closed.

Derek

Derek, according to my sources, both parks still exist, but new owners changed the name of the Lake Cooroibah park. I haven't yet been there myself, but have some information I believe to be reliable. Happy camping!

yep, they both still exist, i went on a school camp to campsite on the northshore about a month ago and went up to the borren point camp ground on the holidays and landed some nice flathead and tarpon 8)

adrian

some nice spots on bribie halfway up the passage but if you are overnighting find a spot for the car as some bits are not going to be there when you get back. watch for mud banks and their cousins the sand banks

Quote Originally Posted by anzac
    find a spot for the car as some bits are not going to be there when you get back.
    Have to agree with you there. #Had the back window on the commodore smashed and the car insides messed about when it was parked at the boat ramp at Spinnacker once.

Derek